13

jeno and kyungmi were peacefully sleeping with sunhi when suddenly loud knocks were heard on his door.

"who could it be at this hour?" kyungmi grumbled and put the pillow over her head.

jeno got himself up and went to answer the door.

"hm- oh." was the first thing he said as he opened the door. there stood 6 boys holding baby gifts.

"nana what the hell." jeno said as he faced the person he assumed to have told everyone about his situation.

"sh now is not the time to complain. show us our niece!" chenle exclaimed and pushed himself inside the home, searching everywhere for the baby.

someone opened the door to jeno's room and saw a woman and a baby laying there and shrieked.

"jeno i knew about the baby but i didn't know you also had a woman!" mark yelled, causing both kyungmi and sunhi to wake up.

kyungmi looked up at him wide eyed and sunhi began to cry, making kyungmi turn all her attention towards her.

everyone crowded in the room and watched as the unknown female rocked the baby back to sleep.

"can you guys... leave the room?" kyungmi said nicely.

"oh are you gonna breastfe-"

"no! she's just tired and doesn't like huge crowds... i think." kyungmi cut haechan off and looked down at the baby, face flushed with embarrassment.

"we'll be waiting downstairs. come talk to us once she sleeps." jeno said and led everyone out the room, minus kyungmi and sunhi.

kyungmi fanned her face down as she consoled the baby, clearly embarrassed from when that person was going to ask her if she was going to breastfeed.

once she made sunhi go back to sleep, she set her down and went downstairs to the 7 boys.

"hey she's here! hi girl!" one of them yelled out at her.

"hi, i'm kyungmi. and you all are?"

"kyungmi, meet my friends: haechan, mark, chenle, renjun, jisung and you already know jaemin." jeno said and pointed to each person.

"nice to meet you all." she said with a small smile.

"likewise." mark said and jeno pat the spot next to him, motioning kyungmi to sit down.

"so," renjun began as kyungmi sat, "how do you and jeno know each other?"

"oh, we're.. um.. how do i say this-"

"soulmates!" jaemin exclaimed, cutting kyungmi off.

everyone widened their eyes at the soulmates while jaemin kept the brightest smile on his face. that's when jeno began explaining their story, making sure to include the baby situation.

"the universe chose you? why not me." chenle whined and pouted.

"someone here didn't want to believe in it at first." jaemin said, earning a glare from kyungmi.

"i'm still getting used to it." kyungmi said as jeno wrapped an arm around her shoulder, making her blush.

"man i was gonna holler at you but seems like you and no jam here are meant to be." haechan said and jeno glared at him, making everyone laugh except for kyungmi.

"no jam?" she asked, confused.

"our little jeno here can be pretty unfunny but since you're gonna be like in love with him or whatever you'll probably find him funny yourself." chenle said and pinched jeno's cheeks, making kyungmi smile.

"here, we bought some gifts. after jaemin told us jeno had a baby girl, we all had to buy something for her." mark said as he handed her the gift.

"can we see her please?" jisung asked and kyungmi looked at jeno to which he nodded.

they all cheered and stood up, following kyungmi and jeno to the room. jeno told them all to hush and opened the door slowly, revealing the sleeping baby.

everyone rushed to the side of the bed, wanting to get a closer look.

they all stared at sunhi in awe and jeno and kyungmi smiled.

"she has jeno's eyes and kyungmi's nose." renjun said softly and leaned his hand in to caress the sleeping baby's head.

"she's the cutest thing i've ever seen." haechan cooed quietly, not wanting to wake her up.

"the universe chose the best people to have a perfect baby." mark said and looked at the two who watched them all coo at sunhi.

they smiled at him and looked at each other, clearly enjoying their reactions. jeno wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him, making her face heat up yet she kept that same smile. she hugged his waist as well and leaned her head on his chest, enjoying the moment.

they both felt their hearts racing at the contact yet they did not want to break it. both felt butterflies in their stomachs and their tattoos shined a bit, but no one in the room noticed as the boys were distracted by the baby and the two distracted by their embrace.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"finally some affection!" the man yelled happily.

"progress is amazing. i have a feeling i'll see you both soon."