09

today was the day that both jeno and kyungmi had to work so they needed to figure out a plan.

"i know taeyong works right now so i can't ask him." kyungmi said and sighed.

"none of my friends know about this situation so i can't really ask them." jeno said and mentally crossed those names off his list.

"i think jaehyun is busy and i'm not close enough with doyoung to ask him to take care of a baby." kyungmi said and looked over at the sleeping sunhi.

jeno wanted to correct her and say "our baby" but he was still having doubts over this soulmate thing.

"what do we do? i have work in an hour and we still don't know who can take care of her. gosh i just wished her real parents could come get her." kyungmi said and jeno felt his heart hurt a little.

she completely believed that sunhi wasn't their child. she didn't believe they were soulmates in the slightest.

"i could ask for a day off." jeno said bluntly, clearly affected by the fact that kyungmi didn't want sunhi with them.

"maybe i could take her to work?" kyungmi said and jeno shook his head.

"it'd probably be too hectic. i'll just call my job and tell them-"

"knock knock bitch im here- jeno what the fuck?!" jeno was cut off by the sound of someone barging into his house.

"who is she and when did you have a baby?" the person asked and looked at kyungmi with furrowed brows.

jeno and kyungmi looked at each other and both got the same idea.

"hey stranger, are you busy today?" kyungmi asked and he shook his head.

"my name isnt stranger, it's na jaemin and no i'm not busy today, why?" jeno immediately handed him the baby.

"we have to work. take care of her please. i'll explain this all to you later i promise just take care of her." jeno said and kyungmi hurriedly grabbed her things.

"this isn't a great first impression but i'll probably see you later byeee." kyungmi said and left as jeno rushed around his house, getting ready for work.

"take care of her nana i'll be back later." jeno said and walked out the front door, leaving a confused jaemin.

he looked over at the baby who was now awake and the two shared confused stares.

"what just happened?" jaemin asked her and the baby stared at him, also bewildered at how the two just left her with this strange man.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"nothing interesting? really? man i might have to interfere." the man said and groaned from frustration.