Entry 21 - Union

It's February 19, 2021, 6:34 A.M. I've been reunited with my friend here in the state of Detroit. Of course not. I'm still in this infested facility.

Last entry left off with me following Yuin (Vacky) down a staircase, this entry starts with me following Yuin down a staircase.

- "Alright, so, your name is Yuin..."
> "Yeah."
- "You are the only goat slime creature in here, and you want to get a host because you want to have offspring when you rebirth."
> "Yeah... I don't wanna die just to revive without giving life to new creatures."

As she finished talking, we came across the end of the staircase. I could see an automatic door, but unlike every one I've encountered so far, this one, and the ones that will appear later on, were made out of glass. The door opened, and I could clearly see what seemed to be a small tree with really ripe oranges, tons of book stands - because if you for some reason forgot, we're in a library - and a rug made of grass above a rug made of everyday normal cloth. Weren't this a death trap, I'd love to buy my books here.

- "Y'know... I just woke up, but I'm really beat. Can't we sit and rest here?" - I asked my friend the goat, sitting on the patch of leaves. 
> "Um... If you don't feel like going yet..." - She awkwardly stood on the ground before sitting next to me.

I can't stop thinking about the things I've learnt. I may not remember my life in detail, but I can clearly remember my father, and his absence is beginning to strain me. Were I to add it as part of my problem list, it'd remain there for a long time, so I rather not put it in there.

> "You're okay, Haru...?"

- "...I miss my dad."
> "I had a dad too, but he had to crystalize and rebirth to give life to me. I can remember he was deeply distraught of dying without a host, and I don't want to go through that pain again."
- "The thing is, my dad is out there somewhere. I just want to find him and tell him I'm okay, maybe hug him and ask him about mom. That's what I really am focused the most here."
> "Wasn't your goal to find the Doctor?"
- "The Doctor seems to know about my dad, if I find him, I'll be able to remember everything and go back to my normal life."
> "...You smell very determined to keep on going..."
- "According to the Elder One, that's just gonna make me more of a target to your kind."
> "Mwehe, don't blame us, it'd be really lovely if I could just transfur you..."
- "Of course it freaking would."

The girl hugged me in an attempt to comfort me, still icky and sludgy, I told her to give me my personal space.

I looked at the oranges with some uncomformity before getting up. - "Let's get moving." - Not a fan of oranges when they're not juice.

While I was on the staircase with Vacky, she explained me some of her basic necessities, which I wrote down on my status.

- Because of being a Boss Human, Yuin says she craves for my care and attention, accidental or not, she phrased it in a way that it sounded like if she was addicted to a drug

- Her body is just glorified liquid. She needs to remain cold if she wants to keep a stable form.
- She needs to eat to produce more cytoplasm AKA body. The hotter she is, the more goo she sheds while walking away, which translates to less body mass, which translates to more hunger.The rest of her needs such as energy and sanity are things she must take care of herself.

Back to reality, I went to the door at the east connected to a machine. It was both locked and required a 4-digit password. I could only go to the door to the south, so what else. 

The door at the north was a balcony with some boxes here and there blocking the path. I could that I was in a three-floor building with the words "ELECTRIC SCIENCE CORPORATION" written in neon lights on the walls, a wonderful city below me. Even though I already figured it out, I could finally verify that I was in Japan.

Aside of a few cars and barely-visible people with what seemed to be surgery masks on their mouth, there was little to no people on the streets, but it was calm to see people through the balcony, living the everyday lives I am putting my neck on the line to have a chance of returning to. Yuin was staring at the people too.

> "The Doctor doesn't like it when we roam around here."
- "Why?"
> "Humans tend to look at me weird when they see me on the balcony, they take photos with those phone thingies and post it on the Internet, some sort of... place where people talk to eachother, like a hivemind, but more strict."
- "I know what the internet is. Do you think people already know there are inhuman experiments going on in here?"
> "I mean, they probably do, but this project is backed up fully by the government, so the facility is allowed to do pretty much what they want with anyone who enters on consent."
- "I've said this over and over, but for a monster, you really know how to use complex words."
> "Oh... Thank you! Sr. Orange teached me most of them!"
- "Sirwho...?"
> "Sr. Orange! Brother of Mr. Orange! His Early and Advanced Education Machines taught us how to speak!"
- "Oh- yeah. That... I was homeschooled by that device, but I would have rather gone to school when I was little."
> "Huh? Why? Mr. Orange is really good when it comes to teaching!"
- "Because learning from a machine in an insolated room turned me into a total social inept."

> "Oh..."

From some of the memories I have with my dad, I remember that, before he began to work overseas, we used to cycle a lot. From personal experience, I know that cycling does not increase your leg strength or your stamina, it simply helps you get fit, and my speed while running away from these creatures sure does prove my point.

- "...This is making me homesick. Let's go." - I walked to the boxes blocking the road and began pushing them out. Yuin followed shortly after.

After a while of using our strength to push some of the boxes away, something unusual happened: Crows began to pile up in the balcony. LOTS of crows. It was getting pretty tense.

Trying to not move her mouth, Yuin froze me in my tracks and remained perfectly solid. - "Haru, walk back to the entrance, slowly and quietly..."
- "Oh, come on, it's just some crows."
> "Haru. I know this place more than you do, walk back to the entrance, slowly. and. quietly..."
- "I'm pretty sure they're just normal crows."
> "...That's the problem, they are..."
- "You're scared of normal crows?"
> "...They don't like us a lot..."

I casually walked out of the room, took some oranges, peeled them, came back to the room and poured them on the ground. The crows all rejoiced with them.

- "Crows are intelligent creatures, if you treat them well, they treat you well."
> "Hehe... The intelligence of a human...~"

We kept on pushing the boxes and got to the other side. There was a ton of books laying on the ground and what seemed to be a poster of the solar system. In the captions below the moon, which aptly read "MOON", was a symbol requesting me to turn something by 90 degrees. The door to the right, made of the usual metal, was locked shut, the machine linked to it requiring a keycard, captions above reading "TO THE INTERIOR GARDEN".

> "...Interior garden?"
- "What? Never been there?"
> "Um... Not even my pre-rebirth memories have."
- "Well, what do we do now? Do we turn back?" - I said as I began to inspect the solar system poster.
> "Well, we don't have the password to the door. I may be able to squeeze in if it's not one of those air-tight doors..."

Took me a few seconds to realize, but by turning my head 90 degrees, I could see that the "MOON" was written in a way to look like a mirrored 3002 when looked at. - "I think I found the code. If you turn your head here, this looks like..."
> "Haru, above you!"

Something fell from the ceiling and splashed into my body like a bucket of water. I didn't need to see it to know that it was one of these creatures. Yuin managed to pull it out of my body before it had eaten me, what seemed to be a blob that barely resembled a fox with red stripes ran away like a scared puppy.

> "That was close..."
- "I knew I was gonna get assaulted from every possible direction, but I didn't expect it to be this literal. 3002, don't forget, 3002. That's the code. Three-zero-zero-two."
> "Mhm! Got it."