Entry 42

After gulping down enough air to last for a while, I took a turn to the bottom then quickly moved to the corner with the A/C

After gulping down enough air to last for a while, I took a turn to the bottom then quickly moved to the corner with the A/C. The fact that I was trying to breathe right near an air conditioner made me unable to catch enough air to last more than a few seconds without breathing, barely enough to get to the other room.

Just a few seconds in that hot room, I began to sweat, the only comfort being the A/C I had currently stepped into. It was still hard to breathe, it all felt like a sauna of death.

I took another gulp of air and decided to try run at the turn to the left. I had no idea where I was going, but there were no air conditioners at sight.

So I ran and ran, the heat got so intense I had to wheeze for air just before I reached the air conditioner at the center left (not too sure how heat and breathing were connected to each other). I didn't know what I smelled before reaching the A/C, but I began to feel really sick and ill, dizzy, even. Whatever I had inhaled began to heat my body before turning me into some sort of werewolf furry. Not only did I lose 'myself', but I also began to feel like if those A/Cs were extremely cold.

Few seconds after the transfurmation, I respawned.

{ "...Dude, what happened?"
- "I was THIS close to reaching an A/C before I caught a whiff..."
{ "Give it another shot. Tell us when you get past this room."
- "Okay." - I moved back to the same air conditioner I was before I ran for it. Should try that again, or should I try going the safe route?

Try that again. This time, I made a small session of deep breathing (not that I could breathe very deep, I felt like I was running out of air in that damn A/C) and ran as fast as I could to the other side. This time I managed, it was so close that I thought I had failed.

I ran to the top, this time taking a turn at the nearby A/C before taking a turn to the end of the large hallway, there was an A/C present and I could clearly see my friends.

> "Haru! You did it!" < Yuin screamed.
- "Heck yeah!" - I screamed back.
{ "Okay, we're going back to Tid- Yuin's den, call me when you're about to activate the heaters at the Power Rooms!" } The First One said. Of course he was screaming too.
- "Roger that!" - I screamed back.

I proceeded to open the automatic door to the next area of the Gas Rooms. There was an attendance machine nearby, so of course I scanned myself and continued on.

 There was an attendance machine nearby, so of course I scanned myself and continued on

Image Source: Changed

This time, the path wasn't so bad. All I had to do was to surround the metal pillar and go to the A/C at the bottom-right, then take a few steps to the adjacent A/C, then make a dash of faith to the A/C at the end of the hall. It wasn't as complicated as the last stunt I tried to pull off. It's not really worth describing what happened next until I came across that ventilation shaft, a little Dark Latex cub with a necklace of ice cubes popped out, looked at me, and ran to the vent as quickly as it could.

The cub was startled, then quickly ran back to the vent. That's when I heard Kenny say something from far away.

{ "Hey! Haru! There's some Dark Latex cub looking for you!" } Kenny's words echoed through the room.
- "Yeah! They just came near me!"
{ "I can't believe they actually survived the heat using a bunch of ice cubes!"
- "Yeah! Crazy, right?"
{ "Anyways, we're on our way out, don't forget to call us!"
- "I won't forget!"

What else is to say? I got past the Gas Rooms with relative ease. The next room was more noticeably colder, still having those red gas containers and a ton of A/Cs. Also an attendance machine, which made this much more rewarding than before.

I got past this room and came across yet another narrow hallway. There was no longer any weird drug gas. It was all once again at the same temperature I've grown used to be at in this facility. Past the hall, I came across a much larger room with a locked door on the north and some notes related to sea creatures. There was a safety balcony, and from it, I could see that this was a suspended platform in what seemed to be a... river? Sea? I suppose this is why the First One called it the Marine Lab. I saw what seemed to be a TV and a security camera at a corner of the room, so I began to talk in hopes that the Doctor would come online.

- "Hey! Doctor! How's it going? Can you hear me?"
# "I can, Harold." # The speakers and TV turned on. # "I have to apologize for having little to no communication with you in the Maintenance Tunnels, there are no cameras or televisors installed due to being, well, ventilation ducts. I also have to apologize for the fact that you couldn't get past the door to the Interior Garden, it seems like some issue I thought I had erradicated in the garden emanated again."
- "...What issue?"
# "I would rather keep that information disclosed for now. See that door the security camera is pointing at? Please show your ID card to the nearby sensor."
- "Alright..." - I scanned the ID card on the device. The door opened, I could see a slightly large ladder.
# "This staircase to the top floor connected to a sector of the Warehouse past the cat's playroom. You can use this to cut corners if you need to backtrack."
- "Okay, thanks, Doctor! Can I ask one more thing?"
# "You may."
- "My dad still works here, right? If that's the case, does he know I'm in here?"
# "I haven't informed him of the fact that you've been active, I rather not alarm him and make him take actions he may regret in the future, such as getting too worried to the point of not contributing to our Colored Latex Research, or even worse: Going out in the wild to find you."
- "...Yeah, that'd be bad... He can't respawn, can't him?"
# "Only the test subjects that come out of the warehouse are capable of 'respawning'. We have no idea why, and we're most likely never going to find out."
- "Alright, thanks, Doctor. I'll call you later."
# "Very well. I look forward to when we meet." # The Doctor said before cutting off the feed of both devices.

In the room, I could see scattered photos of what seemed to be a person feeding some treats to a fish, that is until the second photo, where a shark comes out (Photo 3) and attacks the person, transfurring them into a shark (Photo 4). Does it really count as transFURing if the animal has no fur? I don't care and I don't mind, what I care and mind, however, is that it seems like there's sharks in here. That's one big reason to panic.

When you hear his themeYou enter a shockIt's too late to do the dinosaurWhen you hear his themeThe bets are offYOU WILL NEVER ESCAPE THE FUCKING SHORK

You enter a shock
It's too late to do the dinosaur
When you hear his theme
The bets are off
YOU WILL NEVER ESCAPE THE FUCKING SHORK

That's a recurring song Carlos used to sing when sharks were mentioned, most cases, he mentioned them himself just to make the hecking joke.