Entry 56

About 30 minutes later, I was awakened by the Doctor in this not-infested section of this infested facility.

 # "...Harold, you need to wake up." # He said with a clipboard on his hand. # "I've finished with the paperwork, please follow me to my lab."

I quickly got out of the bed, cleaning the tears in my eyes, product of falling asleep. - "Where's dad?"
# "Working. Follow me to my lab."
- "...Alright..." - I said as the Doctor walked with me out of my dad's lab. 

The doctor lead me to the opposite room to my dad's, which I assumed to be Dr

The doctor lead me to the opposite room to my dad's, which I assumed to be Dr. K's lab. It was yet another tidy room, meticulously set up and filled with science-related things such as microscopes and test tubes.

- "...THIS is your room?"
# "At least until our research becomes fully public. I cannot go to my own home. Any objects that are part of our research are confiscated before being able to leave this workplace, and I am made of research.
- "Why did you even turn yourself into a furry?"
# "In the middle of the outbreak, some of us had to inject ourselves with experimental samples to survive. Please sit on the patient bed at the laboratory past the door."

I moved from the tidy room into an even tidier room that looked like a patient room, there was sanitizer, gloves, shelves, several tools hanging in the wall, a biological waste bag, a cryogenic chamber... Tons of things. The doctor arrived shortly after and began to examine me.

Dr. K had made a full examination on my body: Weight, height, reflexes, heart, lungs, eyes... Everything. He mentioned he had to check all of that before beginning with whatever he was going to do.

Eventually, the doctor took a srynge full of blood from my body, placed drips of it into a microscope, then poured drops of another vial he had on the lab.

- "...What are you doing with my blood?"
Looking into the microscope, the doctor replied. # "I'm trying to see how it reacts with the virus. This virus' first action when it detects a human host is to store small portions of itself in the blood of a hu..."

- "What?"

# "...The virus is dying as soon as it comes in contact with your bloodcells." - "What?"
# "Let me try this again with a bigger dose..." # The doctor said as he poured several more drops of whatever liquid was in the vial.
- "...So... the virus is inside that vial?"
# "Mhm. I poured about ten drops of the fluid containing the virus, let's see what happens..."
- "You mean, 'I'm going to see what happens, you stay there in that hospital bed doing absolutely nothing', right?"
# "Mhm. Make silence, I have to concentrate."

Some time elapsed, the Doctor began to write into his clipboard. After a few minutes of experimenting around, he gave me some news about the situation:

# "...Harold, it seems like you are immune to this virus..."
- "...Woah."
# "I'm going to need more of your blood."
- "Okay... Not really fond of injections, though..."
# "I need more than just a small vial, Harold."
- "...Ah, geez..."
# "It's going to be pretty similar to a blood donation, so you may feel lightheaded halfway through. I must also add, it could take a few hours."
- "I've never donated any blood. Since I suppose I don't have a choice, it's okay with me, take as much blood as you want, just don't kill me in the process."
# "Glad to hear that we're tuned on the same frequency."

From one of the drawers in the room, the doctor took out a IV tube and an empty 'O+' blood bag. # "I'm kind of surprised to see that you're O Positive and you haven't ever donated blood." # He said as he placed the IV tube into the end of the blood bag and placed it in one of those metal stands those bags go, no idea what their names are, but not that it's any relevant, they're just metal fucking stands with wheels. There was also a machine attached, I suppose it was to suck the blood.

- "I don't like syringes." - I said as the doctor placed on a needle into the IV. - "Even after going back and forth into this facility, getting stabbed with a really thin needle is... not thrilling at all."
# "In that case, this isn't going to be very pleasant." # Needle in his hand, he carried the Metal Stand Whose Name I Don't Know (tm) closer to me and strapped some cyan band onto my right forearm.

- "What's this for?" - I asked. I already knew what it was for, but I just wanted to hear his explanation.
# "I need to place the IV in one of your veins. By slightly cutting your circulation with this strap, the veins will bulge out and I will know where its safe to place it."
- "Good..." - I said as the doctor pulled out medical tape from his lab coat.
# "...Alright. I suppose I can begin now. Please endure this for a minute." # The Doctor said as he held my hand and placed the needle into my right hand, it was pretty freaking agonic. When he finished, he placed some of the medical tape above it to keep the needle from moving.

The doctor focused on the machine attached to the whole process, he set it to suck blood for a rather lengthy amount of time before beginning the process. I saw how blood slowly rose up from the IV tube into the blood bag. It didn't look or feel pretty and it was sure to take a long time, but for some reason, you tend to stop caring about time when you're in the hospital.