Entry 46

Four of the Squid Dog's tentacles rose up from each corner of the room, slowly moving towards me. The adrenaline from the Tiger Shark encounter hadn't properly gotten out of my system yet, so luckily I had a head start. All I have to do is defeat at least one of these guys before the Wolf King reached me.

Following the First One's tips, I got myself close to one of this boss monster's tentacles in purpose, before it could wrap me up, I managed to land a hit on the paw pad using my hammer, the limb melting into the floor and the Squid Dog leaving a howl of pain typical of, well, a dog. The Squid Dog itself wasn't moving to attack me, only his limbs, he was busy petting his 'friend' the Tiger Shark.

Two of the squid's tentacles rushed at me at once, I managed to hurt one of them, the other one managed to tangle me, one of the solitary limbs at the end of the room quickly rushing towards me to hold the hand with my hammer before making me drop it to the floor. Following the First One's lesson on how to defend myself when under attack, I tried to rip out some of the tentacle holding my body, the creature was unable to progress with his attack, weakening ever so slightly per struggle. I waited until their paw came in point-blank view to bite it off in a single chomp. The creature howled again and the grip of the tentacle holding my left arm weakened. Three down, one more to go. My first reflex was to go pick the hammer up and hit the last tentacle's paw pad with it, easy as that, the Squid Dog had ran out of weapons, but his other three limbs were beginning to regrow. I began to walk through the water to where the creature was, all I needed was to climb up to them, then hit them in the head, in this case, my most brilliant idea was to throw the hammer directly at them, to which they responded by covering their face with their hands, the only problem is that, being made out of goo, the hammer went right through his hands and right through his face. The creature destabilized and became nothing but a white puddle in the water afterwards, just in time before the Wolf King came from the entrance with his squad. After the hammer bounced on one of those machines and fell to the glass floor, I picked it up in panic.

"You're coming with me, Third..." - He said before realizing the situation. - "...It's you..."

< "Eugh, human, are these filthy black creatures your friends? Tell them to get out before they pollute the water! > The Tiger Shark, now released from the Squid Dog's claws, asked me.
"Filthy black creatures? At least we don't spend the whole day mating like your filthy light latex peers! The Third One is coming with me!"
< "No such luck, buddy! I saw this human first!"
"I battled against him several days ago, filth. He's mine."
< "But we're not in your nest anymore, maskbrain! Go create some of those stupid crystals your filth uses to reproduce!"

Both boss monsters began to growl at eachother, the Tiger Shark, covering me in ropes made of his own goop, pushed me away to the automatic door at the end of the room. Sharks began to rise up from the water before becoming anthropomorphic, then a massive warfare broke out between the two creatures. I wasn't able to move, but not that I wanted to. Rooting for the Tiger Shark, I watched how all of those creatures bit, scratched, punched and drowned their enemies. The water began to dye itself black and grey. Were this actual animals, I'd be bathing in blood right now.

In the end, it was just the Wolf King and the Tiger Shark, extremely melty, panting heavily. The bonds in my body stopped being as tight. I wasn't able to move, but I was able to move my arms.

< "...You're not going to give up... aren't you...?"
"I will fight until one of us drops dead."

I held my hammer behind me, were I to throw this hammer at one of them, they'd fall to the floor as a goopy pile of nothing. Maybe I could throw the hammer and pierce them both, but that'd require them to line up.

While the two monsters argued, I took some time to think: Who should I save? The Tiger Shark who tried to kill me in two consecutive occassions, or the Wolf King who was an absolute bitch to me?

Of course I threw the fucking hammer at the goddamn Wolf King. They gave off a final grunt before becoming a puddle of black goo, my hammer falling off to the bottom of the pool once again.

- "There. He's dead. You're happy now?"
< "That... You... knocked him out!"
- "...I mean, yeah, I also lost my hammer."
< "No, first answer me, what was the Wolf King doing here?"
- "He's got a vendetta against me and the First One..."
< "...Well... I... You can go now... I'm pretty tired to fight you..." > The Tiger Shark panted. < "...Gotta say, that was some very great workout..." > The bonds in my body melted away.
- "So, um, can you give me my hammer back? It fell to the bottom of the pool."
< "...Okay?" > The shark sank into the water. After a few seconds, he came back from behind me and handed the hammer out to me.
- "Thaank you." - I said, stuffing the hammer back to my pants. The Tiger Shark sat in the middle of the room. I got closer to him and asked - "...Do you want to talk now?"
< "I don't know, I just need some water..."
- "You're not gonna transfur me?"
< "Were I to transfur you, I wouldn't have handed you the hammer back..."
- "Good point. Do you need me to give you a fish treat, or... something?"
< "Oh- yeah. If you could..."

I walked to the pile of fishy treats, grabbed a large amount of snacks, then placed them near the Tiger Shark. As the creature ate down the fish-shaped snacks, I couldn't help but feel a bit scared. They may be smaller than the Elder One, but unlike the latter, this shark over here moves a lot.

 They may be smaller than the Elder One, but unlike the latter, this shark over here moves a lot

Feeling quite hungry, I went to the pile of fishy treats and took a bite out of one of them. For my surprise, although they didn't seem like it, they tasted and felt like salty cookies. I hope they're not made of something extra-poisonous, because I took (and later on, ate) a whole batch out of them.