Entry 54

The doctor introduced a keycard and opened the automatic door. 

The room was... really tidy. It looked like a dorm room of a perfectionist teenager with OCD. There were shelves with books, test tubes, and other things. Although it used the same palette as the laboratory, it looked like a home, or maybe a really luxurious prison cell. There were a few 'FRAGILE' boxes, the shelves nearby said boxes were completely empty.

# "Dr. Smith? Someone needs a word with you."

From an open doorframe with a dark oak wooden door spoke a man. I'm pretty sure the room he was currently in was a laboratory.

+ "...Huh? Kawashima?" + A very familiar voice spoke. + "What do you need now? I said 'no visits', I want get this sample done for tomorrow morning."

My father's voice... Hearing it gave me a rush of joy.

# "This is very important, I need you to sign some things up so I can begin analyzing a top priority subject."
+ "...Your daughter? You said you wanted to keep her safe until..."
# "It's not my daughter, Smith. It's your son."

I heard some things such as pens fall into the floor as the man in the room quickly ran to the doorframe.

My dad.

After so long, I saw my dad right in front of my eyes. Dr. K let go of my hand.

+ "...Harold." + My father said as he approached me pretty quickly.
- "DAD!" - I said as I ran towards him and hugged him. My father lift me up and gave me one of the strongest hugs I have ever gotten ever since I woke up. + "Harold! How did you get here? Did K wake you up?"
# "It was the power outage back at the 17th of February."
+ "The seventeenth... Jesus Christ... Harold, you went all the way to the bottom by yourself?" + Dad said as he put me down.
- "...Sorta. I had to run, struggle and fight a lot, but I managed to get here... I really wanted to see you again, dad..."
+ "...I'm glad to see you safe and sound. I missed you, Haru. I missed you so much. Your mother misses you too, maybe you should say hi to her when you get comfy."
- "...What about my friends? Kennedy? Carlos? Millie?"
+ "Haven't heard about them in a while... Why don't you sit down and drink some tea with me? K, is it okay if I...?"
# "Go on. Talk to him. He's your child."

"

Moments like this make me forget that I'm supposed to be a 22-year old grown adult. I wanted to crack a joke on how he looked like Dexter from Dexter's Laboratory, but... not now.