Entry 29

So, well, Yuin and I spent the next minutes waiting for something to happen. Unlike Yuin's 'den', there was absolutely zero comfort in this place. No beanbags or pillows, air conditioners or anything. I used this time to update my status, now that I've got a permanent partner, I don't think I need to bother about sanity and company.

 I used this time to update my status, now that I've got a permanent partner, I don't think I need to bother about sanity and company

The newly added stat is control, it is exactly what it sounds like. How much control I have over myself is displayed in a heartrate monitor. 

- "Well, I'm bored, how about we go somewhere?" - I said, trying to stand up and see if my leg worked. I still couldn't stand up properly.
> "...It seems like I'm gonna have to carry you around..." < Yuin said, lifting me in her arms.
- "You really like treating me like if I was a cub, don't you?"
> "It's just maternal instincts..."
- "You sure love your maternal instincts, then."

Yuin carried me to the library's hub, you know, the messy large room. 

> "Where to?"- "Well, um... How about the room with the snack machine?"
> "Oh! I can take you to Mr. Orange's classroom! There's tons of latex beasts in there, but they're all reasonable!"
- "Not very hyped for your definition of 'reasonable', honestly..."

She carried me to the opposite room to the one with the ventilation shaft. From the glass door, I could see about 14 heads just staring at what seemed to be a bookshelf. When Yuin opened the door, everyone looked at me, and from those 14 heads, I could recognize 7, these being the six tiny yufengs that helped me at the server room and that extremely nervous adult yufeng I talked to earlier. Just now I realized the fact that said adult yufeng had a small crack on his mask. Please don't tell me he's the guy whose mask I smashed my first time on the crystal caves...

- - "A human?"- - "It's a human!"
- - "Oh, its the Third One!"
- - "It's h-him..."
- - "I was startled by human!"
- - "There is a human in the library?"
- - "It's him! Haru! Haru! Haru!"

All of the creatures in the room walked to Yuin and began to inspect me the same way those wolves at the bathroom stalls did. Absolutely no personal space whatsoever. At least I got the chance to pet some animals, and of course, the six little guys.

> "Alright- alright, I think he's been given a warm welcome... Let me present them to Mr. Orange!" < Yuin took me to the "bookshelf" the creatures were staring at. It was just a TV with the Mr. Orange OS plugged with some speakers, with what seemed to be the picture of a tiny fluffy dark latex monster attached to the TV with tape.

< - > "Scanning! Please stand by..." - The weird little blob with an sprout on its head in the TV spoke. - "Welcome, Harold! I am Mr. Orange! You have completed my kindergarten course! Do you want to be assigned to primary education, advanced education mode, or are you simply here for the memories?"

- - "He beat the kindergarten course?"
- - "Worthy human!"
- - "He is really nice for a human!"
- - "Smart and intelligent!"

I looked at the funny blob on the TV. - "Uh, for the memories, I guess...?"

< - > "Very well, allow me to see what images about your education were stored into my database!"

...Images of... What? - "Wait, Yuin, put me down."

The TV showed a photo of me at age 4 with my father and mother that simply read "My first day!" alongside two arrows to either go forward or backwards in the camera roll. It was just images of me, my father, my mother, and sometimes a piece of homework. I kept on searching for at least the smallest possible answer to any of my questions, then I found gold.

An image of me, alongside three kids at age 6. Three children I recognized almost immediately. I was in the center, the two boys in the left and right, and the girl peeking from the top-right.My vision focused on my reflection, aptly located on the center of the screen was I, with Yuin, and those six yufengs with markers on their masks.

> "...Haru, who are those people?"
- "Well... In those images prior, my dad and mom-"
> "I mean, these people! They don't have any traits that resemble you at all!"- "They're my friends."
> "What do you remember about them?"
- "...Not much, but I remember how they looked like..."

I took a photo of the TV with my tablet. - "That's enough, Mr. Orange."
< - > "Very well! See you later, Harold!" - Said the device as it booted back to the main menu.

- "...This... I'm so into my thoughts right now that I can't get up..."
> "Your leg is broken, Haru."
- "...Right, I forgot. Please carry me up."

After waving my goodbyes to this group of animals, Yuin carried me over to the center room, where we came across the First One, carrying a vial of what seemed to be white goop.

{ "The hell were you doing on the Idiot Baby Room?"
> "Haru found an image with his friends and he's beginning to remember them!"
{ "Oh, well, good for him I guess. Here's the thing you asked for." } The First One placed the vial of goo in my pants. { "This is Knight's goo, you're gonna need it to make a cure for Mizuko." } He got close to my head and spoke in a deeper tone. { "If you're stupid enough to somehow get to the doc without this in your hands, I will find you, I will fuck your girl, I will fill your eyes with a sharp power drill, and then I. will. kill you. You have been warned." }
- "That's way too edgy even for your standar-"
{ "YOU. HAVE BEEN. WARNED."
- "Okay-okay, geez..."
> "Why does it have to be me?!"
- "Don't listen to him, he's just being edgy."
{ "I don't mess around when Mizuko is involved. You're my only fucking hope."

- "...Yeaaaah... What about the ventilation duct? Is it safe?"
{ "Yeah. You only made the beasts more active, but it's still the same uncivilized jungle worth of a porn tape as ever."
- "...Worth of a por... don't tell me the beasts..."
{ "They looove to fuck a lot. You've been warned."
- "How do they even...?"
{ "I like to answer your questions, Shitass, but the only way I can answer this one would make you want to bleach your, err, everything."- "...Yeah- I'm... Thank you."

> "Um... to brush this odd talk... can we go back to my den now?"
{ "You're not in more danger than what you already were."

The First One parted ways with us when Yuin took me back to her little home. Surprisingly, it felt really nice to be back home, the faces of my friends still carved into my mind.

I remember them like if I had seen them yesterday

I remember them like if I had seen them yesterday. Thank God the library is infested with colored pen boxes.