Entry 24

I woke up on a really strange room, I had fallen asleep on some pillows. I felt slimy, I felt viscous, I felt icky, all while covered on a blanket. I... really couldn't believe she actually did it. This friendship... She only said she was sorry just so she could wait for this very moment. The room seemed to be made out of metal, the floor slightly plastic-like, one of those rugs in the middle of the room. Was this the ventilation shaft Yuin talked about before?

I could see what seemed a large, empty sack at the bottom-left of the roop, a small bookshelf with what seemed to be books and some jars of goop in the top-right, directly positioned above me.

...And to the top-left, adjacent to me, was Yuin, sitting on a large pillow, camly reading a book as the A/C on the room located to her right gave an icy breeze. I couldn't really read the cover for it from this far away, but all I know is that she was on a really relaxed position.

- "...Yuin...?" - I still didn't feel like getting up, I didn't even bother to try remembering the things I forgot, if I ever forgot anything at all.

Yuin quickly closed the book and walked up to me. > "Oh, Haru! You're awake! How's your leg?"
I tried to move my leg. - "...Still hurts, but not as much."
> "Oh, well, lemme take a look!" < She said, taking out the blanket away. I really wasn't ready to see my new body: I wasn't changed at all, my body was just soaked by slime. I could see I had some kind of protector made out of latex in my injured knee.

- "...You... didn't transfur me...?"
> "Oh my... did it really look like if I was going to? Sorry..."
- "No, it's just... the First One... he opened my eyes. You are all just... following your instincts, you don't truly want to be my friend..."
> "What are you saying?"
- "Parasites cling onto you, feed themselves with you nutrients, in this case, love and affection, then they dispose of you when you're no longer needed..."
> "Haru, don't let that guy brainwash you! I heard your conversation with him, and at first I even thought it was a nightmare! But... Well, Haru, I had the chance to assimilate you permanently, but instead, I decided to take you to my home and treat your injuries! Would I have wanted to assimilate you, I'd have done it right away!"
- "...But that guy is right, almost all of you are just parasites, I've learnt it the hard way."
> "That's right, most of us are evil, but then there's people like me or the Elder One! You can't let that freak alter your vision of the world!"

I sighed and got out of the pillows. - "Yuin, thank you, you truly are useful..." 

> "It's the least I can do to say sorry." < She hugged me like how she usually does, sitting directly near the A/C made her body fully solid, she felt really, really fluffy.

For once, I returned her the hug and firmly grasped her. She was obviously surprised to feel that happen. Like I said before, you have to make the best out of every happy moment, no matter how little.

I am not ashamed to call her a friend. I showed her this drawing and she sure was flattered.