T W E N T Y

It was now the night before the final task. I was in the Hufflepuff common room with Cedric and  few of his other friends but me and Cedric were having our own conversation. It was getting late and people were starting to head off to bed but I stayed with Cedric in the common room, it was just us two.

''Ced'' I say.

''Yeah'' he replies.

''You're going to do so well tomorrow but I'm still a bit worried'' I say

''Y/N Lupin, I can promise you absolutely nothing will go wrong tomorrow, you worry too much'' he says taking my hands into his.

''I love you Ced'' I say.

''I love you too Y/N'' he replies bringing me into a friendly hug.

''I cant wait for this tournament to be over tomorrow, no more worrying'' I say.

''Yeah I know, I loved it but it is hard work'' he laughs. ''Get yourself up to bed Y/N/N, we've got to bed up early tomorrow'' he says.

''Okay, do you want to see me before'' I ask

''Yeah, please, I'll see you at breakfast, my dad will be there, you can see him again'' he says.

''Yeah sure, I'll see you then'' I say getting up and leaving the Hufflepuff common room and going to mine.

As I enter the common room Fred was sat on the sofa. 

''You're still up?'' I ask.

''There you are, I was wondering where you had gone.'' Fred says standing up and hugging me.

''I was just with Cedric, just thought I should spend some time with him before tomorrow'' I say. ''Who knows what will happen''.

''Yeah I know, it's pretty scary'' he replies. ''But he'll be okay Y/N''.

''Let's go to bed Fred, we have a big day tomorrow'' I say.

''Okay, Goodnight Y/N'' 

''Goodnight Fred''

It was now the day of the third task. I had gotten ready in a hoodie and leggings with some trainers and threw on a puffer coat. I then headed to the great hall to see Cedric.

''Oh hey Y/N, dad you've met Y/N before when we went to the Quidditch World Cup'' Cedric says.

''Hi Mr Diggory, it's nice to see you again'' I say shaking his hand.

''Please Y/N, call me Amos'' he says shaking my hand. ''I've heard a lot about you, Cedric has spoke about you in many of his letters and how you have supported him through this tough year''.

''OH really, I didn't think Cedric thought so good of me'' I laugh.

''I'll leave you two to talk while I go speak to Mr Weasley'' He says and leaves us. Molly and Arthur were here to support Harry.

''I wanted you to have this Y/N'' he says giving me a small box. Inside was a beautiful silver necklace. ''Before my Grandma passed she said to give it to your first love, she married her first love''

''Cedric it's beautiful, but am I your first love'' you ask.

''You were, I didn't tell you but I had a huge crush on you, I imagined a life with you, a future'' he says and I smile.

''I love you so much Ced'' I say giving him a hug.

''I love you too Y/N/N'' 

''Please be careful today, I need you'' I say pulling away.

''I will Y/N''

His father comes back over to the table ''Its time Cedric, we need to be at the task'' his father says, ''It was a pleasure meeting you Y/N, I hope to see you again soon''.

I head over to the Gryffindor table to see the Weasleys. Before I could take my seat Molly stands up and pulls me into a hug ''My goodness Y/N it's been too long, how are you''

''I'm great Molly, how are you'' I ask hugging her back.

''I'm great Y/N, come on darling sit down'' she says. I take a seat in between her and Fred.

''How's pretty boy?'' Fred asks.

''He says he's going to be fine, but I'm just worried'' I say.

''You worry too much Y/N, it's Cedric, he is going to be just fine'' he says.

''Come on lets go get our seats'' Molly says as we all follow.

I sat in between Fred and George. They knew how nervous I was so they didn't really joke on about it much as they had with the first task. You held onto the necklace and just thought for the best. 

''Earlier this afternoon Professor Moody placed the Triwizard Cup somewhere within the maze, only he knows where it is. The first champion to touch the cup is to win the Triwizard Tournament, the first winner in over one hundred years'' Dumbledore announces. I wasn't really listening as I was focused on Cedric. It wasn't long before they all entered the maze.

It felt like we were waiting for hours for someone to come out the maze until there was a red light coming from the maze. I grabbed a hold of Fred's arm, worried sick. It was Fleur , she was shaking in fear. This made me worry even more about Ced.

''Do you think Ced will be okay?'' I ask Fred.

''I hope so Y/N'' he says pulling you into a side hug to comfort you.

We sat and watched the maze patiently. Krum was next to come out of the maze, without the cup. We were just waiting for Ced and Harry until Harry returned from the maze with the cup in hand and Ced laying lifelessly in his arms. Everybody was cheering not realising what was going on, I sat there looking at the scene until I ran down to the scene.

 Harry was on the floor holding onto Cedric's body. The cheering stopped and turned to screaming when everyone realised what was going on. I go over to Cedric's body, tears streaming down my face and cry into his chest.

''Ced please come back, I need you Ced please'' I say crying into him holding onto his jumper.

''Please Ced, wake up'' You said cupping his face in your hands and crying.

''He's back, he's back!'' Harry screamed. ''I couldn't leave his body there, e told me to bring him back'' He said.

I pulled Harry in for a hug as we cried into each others shoulders as we stood up giving Amos some time with his son. ''Harry it's going to be okay, you can come to me anytime you need me'' I say crying into him.

''Thank you Y/N, you have me'' Harry said.

 Harry was taken with Dumbledore and Cedric's body was taken away from the scene there was nobody left other than me Fred and George at the maze. I turn around and Fred pulls us all into a hug. We stay like this for a while until we walk up to the Gryffindor common room. We enter the Gryffindor common room and the boys sit down on the sofa.

''I'm just going to head up to my room boys, I'll see you tomorrow'' I say heading up the stairs.

I walk into my dorm and just collapse onto my bed. I felt like I had no energy. I didn't even have the energy to cry, I just felt nothing. I lost one of my best friends tonight. It took me a while to get to sleep but by 3am I was asleep.

-----Hi hope you're having a great day today guys, 

thanks for reading and stay safe, love you all-----