Stupid Potter

Draco's POV

All throughout the feast I could feel Potter's eyes on me.

I tried to keep my head down, but ever since I first caught his scent on the train, I could smell him if we're in the same room. Even from across the Great Hall, his scent was strong, and he smelled wonderful. As soon as we were allowed to leave, I bolted out, Pansy right behind me.

Not wanting to worry her, I lied, saying that the talking was giving me a headache, but I think she could tell that I was keeping something from her, but decided not to push it.

The next morning, we have double potions with Gryffindor, like always. Having not gotten a lot of sleep the night before, I'm slightly dazed as Pansy and Blaise drag me towards the Potions classroom. Walking towards the back of the room, we settle down at the table farthest from the front of the room.

Potions is the subject that I have always been the best at. It was precise, and there was a right way, and a wrong way to do things, no in between. The sense of normality was comforting, that is, until Potter walked into the room.

Immediately Potter's annoyingly deliciously smelling scent washes over me, and I drop my head onto the table, groaning. Merlin! What's wrong with me!

Pansy taps me on the shoulder. "Hey, you good Dray?"

"Mhm," I hum in response, nodding slightly, but only lifting my head when I hear Snape enter the room.

"Greetings students," Snape drawls, "Turn to page 218. Blood Replenishing potion. Your partners are on the board. You have the rest of the period to finish."

With that, Snape flicks his wand, and names appear on the board, then he walks over to his desk, and begins to work on his own things. Everyone looks towards the board, some happy, others groaning with annoyance. Blaise turns to me.

"Tough luck mate, you got stuck with Potter," Blaise says, patting me on the back as I sigh. Of course, just my luck.

Slowly, I grab my bag and move to sit next to Potter at a table with Weasel and another Gryffindor boy. Potter greets me with a nod and a sigh, while the other two boys glare at me, to which I roll my eyes.

"Go get the ingredients, and wash you hands." I order Potter, shoving the book at him, and he blinks in surprise, before doing as instructed.

I turn towards the cauldron, and start setting the heat and purifying the water. Suddenly, Weasel turns to me.

"He's not a house elf you know, Malfoy," Weasel growls, and I rolls my eyes, deciding to ignore him.

Once Potter arrives back, I grab the ingredients and get to work. I try to focus on the potion, but the intoxicating smell of Potter's blood keeps disrupting my focus. I can hear his heart beat, and I have to clench my jaw to make sure that my fangs aren't out, which thankfully, they're not. How on Earth am I going to survive this year?

"Umm, Malfoy?" Potter says, interrupting my thoughts. "Is the potions meant to be that colour?"

"Yes, in fact, it is, thank you very much," I snap harshly, surprising him.

"But the book says it should be milky white..." Potter points out, and I roll my eyes.

"The final product should be milky white. Now stop bothering me unless you plan to help."

That shut him up, and for the rest of the class, neither of us spoke, which is fine by me. When Snape came around to check the potions, I gained 5 house points for a perfect potion, and Potter lost 5 point for Gryffindor for sitting on his lazy ass and not helping.

A three page essay was then assigned of the uses of the Blood Replenishment potion, and class was dismissed. Before leaving, I grabbed a bit of the potion, and stuffed it in my bag. I caught Snape looking, and he sent me a small nod, giving permission for me to take the potion.

Snape, of course, being a Death Eater, knows of my "new issue," which is probably why he made the class make Blood Replenishment potions first, just encase I need them. He can't help me directly, though, for if it came out that he knew that I was turned by the Dark Lord into a vampire, then it would be obvious that he's a Death Eater, and he would loose everything. However, if the Dark Lord found out that he was helping me, then Snape was as good as dead.

Pansy and Blaise have already head off to their next class, while I have Ancient Ruins. Quickly I hurry to class.

Arriving with the last wave of students, I stalk my way to the back of the class. Soon after I sat down, however, someone came to join me.

"Why are you here Granger?" I ask the brunette Gryffindor.

"Am I not allowed to sit wherever I want?" She responds.

"No, not with me," I answer, "You shouldn't be sitting with me."

"Malfoy," She says, gently, "I know something is wrong. If you tell me, I can help you."

"I don't need you help, Mudblood." I reply, but lacking my usual attitude, so instead of the intended effect, Granger's face just softens.

"See, you're defensive," She points out, "Something is wrong, and I want to help."

"No you don't," I say firmly, "Leave me alone."

"I will find out you know," Granger says defiantly, and I fight back to urge to snort. Yeah, because vampire is the first thing you think of.

Then class begins, but I couldn't help but notice that Granger keeps sneaking glances at me. Knowing the trio, Weasel and Potter probably put her up to spying on me, but it was better than being stuck in another room with Potter. That boy is going to drive me nuts.

After class, I walk out, and Potter's aroma immediately hits me, making me feel surprisingly hungry, even though I was not a minute ago. I look around, and find him standing with Granger and Weasel. No surprise there. What was surprising, however, was that they seemed to be sneaking glances at me, making it obvious that they are talking about me. Great! Now they probably think that I am plotting an evil scheme!

With a sigh, I turn the other way towards the library to meet Blaise and Pansy. Stupid Potter.

Words: 1064