Things Will Get Better

Harry's POV

Four days later, I awake to a loud bang on the door.

Groaning, I decide to open the door, for no one in our room is a morning person. I drag my feet over to the dormitory door, and open it lazily to reveal Hermione, already in her school uniform and grinning ear to ear.

"He's waking up!" Hermione squeals happily. "Come on get dressed!"

With a sigh, I shut the door again. "Ron! Get dressed!"

"Wha? Why?" Ron mumbles sleepily.

"'Mione wants us downstairs."

"But sleep!" Ron argues.

"Get going Ron!" I say, ripping the sheets off of him, making him squeal in protest.

We're downstairs in ten minutes to see Hermione standing with her arms crossed, left foot tapping impatiently. "What took you guys so long! Come on!"

I'm about to complain that it's far too early to be moving this fast, but Hermione grabs both Ron and I, cutting me off. She drags us out of the painting of the Fat Lady, and starts briskly marching towards the Hospital Wing.

The corridors are empty due to the early hour that we're up at, so no one gets in our way. Hermione is visibly excited, a bounce in her step. Honestly, I haven't seen her this giddy in ages.

We arrive at the Hospital Wing to see Pansy Parkinson and Blaise Zabini. To Ron and my surprise, Hermione and Parkinson run up to each other, exchange a quick hug, before skipping into the Hospital Wing together. The three of us left behind exchange a glance, but Zabini just shrugs and follows the girls.

Entering, Ron and I see Hermione, Madam Pomfrey, and the two Slytherins around Malfoy's cage. We walk up slowly, feeling slightly awkward about the whole thing.

"Is he awake yet?"

"Not yet Ms. Parkinson."

"Look his eyes are opening!"

Everyone rushes forward, and Malfoy's eyes are indeed slowly opening. Suddenly, we're looking at the pale Slytherin's piercingly grey eyes.

Malfoy groans, reaching up to rub his forehead, obviously due to a headache. He looks around at everyone standing on the other side of his cage, and seems to realize whats going on.

"What... what? How? I-- what?" Malfoy stutters.

"We finally got Potter to help you! Everything is going to be fine now!" Parkinson explains, beaming down at her fellow Slytherin.

Malfoy closes his eyes, covering his face with his hands. "I must have heard you wrong. Potter helped me?"

"I'm just as shocked as you are," I say plainly, and Malfoy opens his eyes again to study me.

He stares at me, and I suddenly feel self conscious. His eyes scan me, making me feel naked under his gaze. I do the same. His skin is paler then normal, it that's even possible. His usually perfect hair is messy and limp, and he seems quite thin. The strange blue on him has vanished. After an uncomfortably long time, we both look away, and I sigh slightly with relief. I faintly hear one of the girls giggle.

"What now?" Malfoy asks.

"Well, now we have to get you out of there," Hermione answers, and Malfoy's eyes grow wide.

"How?" He questions. "You don't have to get in trouble for me. I'll be fine. Honest."

"Right," Hermione rolls her eyes, "Because you were fine while you were in a coma due to starvation. Whatever you say Draco."