Get Him Back

Draco's POV

I feel nothing at all as two strong Aurors throw me into the my new cell mercilessly.

All is silent aside from the cell door's lock clicking into place, and the stomping of retreating footsteps. Alone at last, I gaze around the room, void of emotion.

As expected for a prison, the cell is small, dark, and dirty. No windows, just the faint glow of some hidden light source beyond my field of vision. The floor is dirty, not having been cleaned in years, possibly longer. The walls are marked with small symbols and roman numerals, from past prisoners long forgotten.

It all feels surreal, almost like a dream. Somewhere in my brain I know that this is real life, yet a part of me still waits for me to wake up.

I, Draco Malfoy, am in Azkaban.

Harry's POV

I am constantly on the verge of tears.

Sitting on my bed with Hermione and Ron hugging me, I sob endlessly. Worry and fear plague every thought. What if he's hurt? He's only 15! He shouldn't be in Azkaban! What if they kill him? What if he's dead? This is all my fault!

"I should have done something!" I cry into Ron's shoulder, Hermione rubbing comforting circles on my back.

"Shh," Hermione soothes me, "it's alright. You did exactly as he said."

"But now he's gone!" I sob.

"No, no he's not. We can get him back," Ron hugs me tighter.

"Think, if you'd tried to stop them then both of you would be in Azkaban," Hermione reasoned.

"But," I sniffle, "then I'd be with him."

"No, they separate the prisoners," Ron explains, "With you out here, we have a better chance at getting him back, okay?"

I nod shakily, "I still don't understand why he did it..."

"He wants to be free," Hermione squeezes my hand, "He doesn't want to live in fear of being captured. You are his ticket to freedom. You can fight for his freedom."

"He made me promise to get him a trial," I remember, and Hermione nods thoughtfully.

"Then that's what we'll do!" Ron exclaims.

"But how..." I ask hopelessly.

"Come on Harry, you're the boy who lived!" Ron says. "You have more say then half of Hogwarts combined! I mean, you've got Dumbledore on your side! No one in their right mind in going to argue with Dumbledore!"

"I guess..." I mumble.

"How about you go to bed, and tomorrow we'll talk to Dumbledore about getting Draco out, hmm?" Hermione suggests, and I nod.

The three of us split up, and begin going about our nightly routines as though nothing is wrong. Everything is wrong! My Draco is in Azkaban! My beautiful, charming, Draco...

The next morning I awake in a cold sweat. Suddenly, everything comes rushing back to me, and the overwhelming feeling of hopelessness consumes me.

No! Draco wouldn't want me to cry! He's counting on me to get him out!

I spring out of bed, quickly pulling on my robes. Turning around, I spot Ron, still fast asleep along with the other boys. Grabbing my pillow, I wack him in the head with it, effectively waking him up.

"What the hell..." A sleepy Ron protests. "It's only 6... weekend..."

In seconds, the redhead is snoring again. With a sigh, I return back to my bed, and begin to plot my speech to Dumbledore.

After what feels like forever, everyone in the dorm wakes up, including Ron. No one else in the room even looks in my direction, all shunning me for the whole 'kissing a vampire that also happens to be one of the most hated Slytherins and a wanted criminal' thing.

I practically jump on Ron, who is attempting to tuck in his shirt. "Ron! We've got to go!"

"Isn't it too early..." A still groggy Ron says.

"The earlier the better!" I say, and Ron groans.

"The things I do for you," Ron mutters, and I smack his shoulder.

"Let's go get Hermione."

Ron and I wait in the Common Room until Hermione comes down. Once she reaches us, I grab her arm.

"We're going to Dumbledore!" I explain, and Hermione and Ron exchange a glance.

"O-okay," is all Hermione says, allowing me to lead both of them out of the Common Room, through the corridors full of half-awake students, and towards Dumbledore's office.

Once we arrive, Hermione says the password, because Merlin knows I can't remember it, and I practically sprint up the stairs. Entering the office, we find Dumbledore sitting at his desk, quill in hand.

Without looking up, the man says, "Ah, Harry, I've been expecting you'd visit me soon."

The three of us approach the Headmaster, and I speak up first.

"Sir, just yesterday-"

"A Mister Draco Malfoy was arrested and brought to Azkaban?" The man says, finishing my sentence.

"Well, yes, and I was hoping that you'd be able to help us get him a trial!" I explain, and Dumbledore nods his head thoughtfully.

"We even have proof that the bite on the student's neck wasn't Draco," Hermione pipes up, "Madam Pomfrey said it was a snake bite."

"And he doesn't have the Dark Mark either, so he can't be arrested for being a Death Eater," I continue.

Dumbledore smiles softly towards us, "I've always admired the courage and sense of rightness you three have."

"Does that mean you'll help us?" I ask.

"Yes, I will speak to Cornelius about getting the boy a trial," Dumbledore says, and I feel like jumping for joy. We have a chance!

"Thank you so much sir!" I thank him, and I feel as sense hope blossom in my chest.

"You will need to collect people to speak on Mr. Malfoy's behalf," Dumbledore continues.

"We'll that would be Harry, Madam Pomfrey, and you, right sir?" Ron speaks up, and the old man nods.

"Well, I suppose that would work. You'll have to ask Madam Pomfrey first, but yes, I am willing to speak on Mr. Malfoy's behalf," Dumbledore's eyes twinkle.

I feel like I could melt into a puddle of happiness. I'm going to get my Draco back.

"Now you three must be on your way. I doubt that you have all of your assignments done," Dumbledore says knowingly.

The three of us nod and thank him in unison, before exiting the elaborate office. I'm buzzing with happiness by the time we reach the corridors.

Draco is going to get a trial, and I will get him back.

Words: 1085