Unstoppable

Draco's POV

Slowly returning to consciousness, I groan in pain.

My whole body feels like it's on fire. I can't seem to move my body, and my insides are twisted in knots. Forcing my eyelids open, I'm blinding by light. Blinking rapidly, I realize where I am: The Hospital Wing. How did I get here? Why am I here? Is Harry okay?

"Mr. Malfoy! I'm glad to see you're awake!"

Painfully turning my head, I see Madam Pomfrey rushing towards me.

"W-what happened?" I ask, my voice scratchy and sore.

"From my knowledge you and a few other students broke into the Ministry, battled Death Eaters, and you were hit by a Confringo curse," Madam Pomfrey recaps patiently.

"How long have I been out?"

"About a week," the woman answers truthfully, and I bite the inside of my cheek.

"What about the others?"

"You, Mr. Malfoy, were definitely hit the worst. The others are fine, a bit shaken up, but physically fine," Madam Pomfrey smiles softly, and I breathe a sigh of relief, "I expect you'll want to see them?"

I nod, the pain starting to wear off. Suddenly I was wrapped in a big hug. Harry.

I buried my face in the crook of his neck, breathing in his familiar, comforting scent. It's okay. Everything is okay. My Harry is safe.

"I'm so sorry," Harry mumbles into my ear, and I feel something wet drip onto my skin. He's crying.

"Whatever for my love?"

"I should have listened to you! You said it might be a trap, and that I should contact Sirius before we just up and went, and I didn't listen and now he is dead!" Harry wails, and I squeeze him tighter. Oh Merlin, Sirius!

"Shh love. It's not your fault. You thought you were doing the right thing. You did so well," I attempt to sooth him, but it ended up having the opposite affect.

"But I should have listened to you! I almost lost you as well! I almost lost everyone!" Harry sobs. "I try so hard to do everything right, but all I do is get the people I love killed!"

"It's not your fault, Harry," I rub my boyfriend's back methodically, "We all chose to be there. We knew the risks, but we came anyway, because that's what friends are for. I love you, Harry. Your heart is always in the right place. You and your Gryffindor courage are always there fighting for what you believe in. I admire you."

He burrowed himself further into my body, sniffling. "I love you too. I-I thought I'd lost you."

I laugh a bit, trying to lighten up the mood, "You can't kill me that easily."

Then his mouth is on mine. We melt into the kiss, trying to absorb everything that we almost lost. That is, until we hear a cough.

"Boys."

We spring apart, our faces bright red. Damn it. Forgot Madam Pomfrey was here.

She is smirking at us, a twinkle of amusement in her eyes. "I suggest, Mr. Potter, that you let Mr. Malfoy rest. If all goes to plan, he'll be out of here by the end of tomorrow."

Pressing one last kiss to my cheek, Harry exits the Hospital Wing.

Sweet Merlin, I love that boy.

-=+=-

On the last day of school, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Pansy, and I are huddled in a train compartment.

I got out of the Hospital Wing a week ago, and managed to convince Dumbledore to let me take my OWLs in September. We also decided that I would be staying with Harry other the summer.

When we exit the train, we all exchange heartfelt hugs, before going out separate ways. Yes, I even hugged Weasley.

Once the platform has mostly emptied, I pull Harry into a kiss.

With Harry by my side, I feel unstoppable.

Words: 638

That's the end! Thank you all for reading! Stay safe and have a great day! <3