I Love You

Draco's POV

I find myself holding my breath.

This is it. These next few seconds are going to decide my fate. Whether I am a free, or stay locked up in Azkaban for eternity.

I don't have much to loose, but at the same time, I have everything to loose. My education, my future, my Harry.

If I don't win this trial, it will absolutely shatter Harry. He's already been through so much, lost so much. Then again, I'm still me. He'd probably move on just fine. Harry is nothing if not adaptable.

Maybe it would be easier to just stay in Azkaban. I mean, even if walk away from this moment a free man, no one will hire me. The vampire son of Lucius Malfoy? Yeah right, like anyone would even want to be seen with me.

Then again, I have tried so hard, done so much, to just give up here, mere seconds away from victory. Would I just stop fighting before winning a duel? Of course not! I am Draco Lucius Malfoy, and I always win.

With newfound courage, I straighten my spine. Looking up, I stare right at Fudge's head, my gaze practically burning holes through his skull.

Then the room finally falls silent, and Fudge invites the witnesses and prosecution back into the room. Then, the man opens his mouth.

"A decision has been made," Fudge starts, the tension in the air thick, "with a small majority, Mr. Malfoy is declared innocent."

At first, it doesn't feel real. I hear a rush of movement, and feel someone drag me out of the cage, but everything feels numb. Am I dreaming? Will I wake up and still me in that cell?

It's a warm embrace that brings me back into reality. Harry's warm embrace.

Suddenly I feel this rush of warmth. I'm free. I'm actually free.

"You did it," I whisper into Harry's ear, as I feel him shudder with silent sobs.

"I was so scared," Harry murmurs back, his head resting in the crook of my neck, "I thought I was going to loose you too."

"You'll never loose me," I promise, "I'll never leave your side again."

"You promise?" Harry sniffles.

"I promise."

We let our words sink in, allowing a comfortable silence to surround us like a blanket. Then, I feel it.

A phantom hunger. Not today, Satan.

I shove away the feeling, refusing to acknowledge it. "Where do we go now?"

"Back to Hogwarts I guess," Harry shrugs, his sobs now reduced to the occasional sniffle.

"Can we leave then?" I ask impatiently.

Harry gives me an odd look, before grabbing my hand. Together we exit the room, finding Dumbledore, Hermione, Ron, and Madam Pomfrey waiting for us.

"We didn't want to interrupt your moment," Ron says, earning a smack on the shoulder from Hermione, who just smiles at us warmly.

We make our way towards the fireplaces, and in turn we floo ourselves back to Hogwarts.

We arrive in the Headmaster's office, and Dumbledore turns to address the group.

"Madam Pomfrey, you are free to return to your normal routine, thank you for your services," the man starts, and Madam Pomfrey leaves with a respectful head nod. "Miss Granger, Mr. Weasley, you may go to the Great Hall, I'd expect dinner is about to start. Mr. Malfoy, Mr. Potter, if you'd stay behind please."

Hermione and Ron leave quickly, leaving just Harry, Dumbledore and I. The Headmaster turns to face us.

"Firstly, I would like to apologize, to you especially Mr. Malfoy, for the disaster that was this year. You must understand, that for a long time even a rumor that I was assisting you would have caused me to loose my job. If that happened, it was likely that Professor Umbridge would have taken charge, and I assure you, your situation would have been much worse.

"Still, I let a student be caged in the Hospital Wing for months. My main priority is the students, their education, and their safety. This year, I have disregarded all of that, and I will never forgive myself.

"As for you, Mr. Potter, I am once again impressed with your willingness to help someone in need. Then again, it has come to my attention that Mr. Malfoy here is more than just 'someone'. It is the very least I can do to give both of your houses 50 points, both for your bravery, but also your relentlessness."

We both stand there shocked at Dumbledore's speech. He thinks he can make this whole thing blow over with some pretty words and a few house points? Bullsh*t! I has in a cage for months! I was starved! All he has to say for not helping is 'I would have lost my job'? What the f*ck!

"Can we leave now Professor?" Harry asks, noticing my tense posture and clenched jaw.

"You may indeed," Dumbledore replies, and we quickly exit his office.

We walk down the halls, before stopping in a small alcove to talk.

"So," Harry starts, "That was a load of bullsh*t."

I bark a laugh, "Yeah, it really was. 'Loose my job' my ass, I was literally starved!"

Harry looks at me for a second, and I can almost see gears turning inside his head.

"You couldn't have had any blood in Azkaban," Harry realizes, "Are you... hungry?"

I feel another pang of hunger, one that I try to mask, but Harry notices.

"Here," Harry says, tilting his head to the side, exposing his neck, "Go ahead."

I find myself taking a step back. "I-I couldn't. I can wait, o-or bite your wrist, or-"

"Hey," Harry grabs my wrist, pulling me back towards him, "It's okay."

"You're sure?" I ask, finding myself giving into the temptation.

"I promise."

I take a step forward, my nose inches away from his neck. His pulse beats under his skin in a tantalizing rhythm. Yes.

In one swift motion, I bite into Harry's neck, relishing the feeling. Yes!

Sweet blood fills my senses, and I feel alive. I loose all sense of doubt and worry, for my whole world in on fire. YES!

"Dray-" Harry breaths, and I suddenly snap back.

"Oh Merlin! Are you alright? Did I take too much?" I immediately ask, my voice filled with worry. What did I just do?

"You're fine, I'm fine," Harry says, stumbling a bit, "Just a bit tired."

"You you want to sleep in the Room of Requirement?" I ask, secretly not wanting to go back to the Slytherin common room anytime soon.

Harry nods, almost falling onto my shoulder before I catch him. I lead him towards the Room of Requirement, and when we walk in, it's a rich purple bedroom.

Gently, I lay Harry on the bed, and he almost immediately passes out from exhaustion. I defiantly took far too much.

I lay down beside him, and stare at his perfect face. How did I get so lucky?

"I love you," I whisper, before falling into the most peaceful sleep I've had in months.

Words: 1176