All A Lie

Draco's POV

A few days later we're back in the Room of Requirement.

We are still yet to be caught, but the tension in the air is thick. Since the kiss, the two of us have hardly talked, not quite sure what to say.

The stiff silence stretches for several more minutes before Harry decides to speak.

"Hey..." He says awkwardly.

"Hey?"

"I... so... the other day..." Harry stutters.

"The kiss?"

"Umm," Harry bites his lip adorably, "Yeah."

"Mherm," I reply, trying to sound casual, "What about it?"

"Were- w-was it alright? Did you mean it? Did you kiss back just to be nice? Was it just a-" Harry rambles, but I cut him off.

"It was all real. Not a joke," I assure him, "I promise."

"But it just came out of nowhere!" Harry shouts. "If you don't like me, just tell me. It's not a big deal, it's fine. I'll be-"

"Harry! Harry!" I stop him. "I do like you! For a while now. Stop worrying!"

"I- what? You do?"

"Yes! Honestly, if you were any slower you'd be going backwards." I sigh dramatically.

"Really really?"

"Merlin! Did you listen to a word I just said? I've had a crush on you for months!" I yell, my face really close to his.

"So does that mean I-" Harry says hesitantly, his eyes flickering down to look at my lips.

I close the distance between us, our lips crashing together. The kiss lasts much longer then the first one. My body once again begins to hum, and I instinctively grab Harry's hips, pulling him closer. When the kiss comes to an end, we both lean back panting.

"Boyfriend?"

"Boyfriend."

Harry's POV

I walk down the corridors with a skip in my step.

It's been a couple of day since I became Draco's boyfriend, and I honestly can't stop smiling. It seems like the world has decided that I've suffered enough, and I deserve a break.

I get some odd looks as I bounce towards the Room of Requirement. At this point, there is never anyone guarding it. Whoever Umbridge sent to do that has given up.

Hermione and Draco are supposed to be waiting for me there so that we can work on Transfiguration homework. We'll also probably be telling Hermione about us.

We've decided to wait on telling Ron, because we're not quite sure how he'll take it. Probably a mix of 'what the f*ck', 'how', and 'since when'. It's probably easier to let Hermione know first, since she's the least likely to give me a smack down.

Telling Pansy is also another difficulty. She'll most likely be fine, just a bit of a shock. However, she will probably pull me aside and threaten me, which I'm not in any way, shape, or form looking forward to.

Finally arriving at the Room of Requirement, I hear soft footsteps growing closer. Panicking, I beg the door to open, and silently slip inside.

I'm about to announce my presence, when I overhear Hermione and Draco talking.

"So everything is going great between you and Harry?" Hermione is asking Draco.

"Yeah," Draco responds.

"Have you told him about it yet?" Hermione says, and I shuffle forward better hear their conversation.

"N-no..." Mumbles Draco, clearly uncomfortable.

"Oh come on Draco! You've got to tell him that he's your mate at some point!" Hermione exclaims with a large sigh. "The longer you wait the worse he'll take it."

I'm his what! What does this mean? Is he using his weird vampire magic stuff to woo me? Does he even have feelings for me, or are they all because I'm his 'mate'? Do I even have real feelings for him? Is that why he can only drink my blood? Did he become my boyfriend just to use me as a personal blood bag? He promised that it was all real, but did he lie? Was it all a lie?

I must have gasped, because suddenly both of their heads snap around to face me. Draco's features are pure panic, while Hermione is cringing.

"What the hell!" I shout, and Draco flinches. "I'm your what, exactly?"

"My mate..." The vampire mumbles.

"And you didn't think it would be important to tell me!" I continue to yell. "Did it never cross your mind that just maybe I would want to know?"

"Harry, just listen I-"

"Was it even real! You promised it was real! Were you just using weird vampire magic on me? Do you even like me or is it just because you want to use my as a personal blood bag!"

"Merlin Harry, no I just-"

"You know what! I don't want to hear it!" I growl. "I don't even care. Don't come crying to me when you need something."

With that, I stomp out of the Room of Requirement, by face red with anger. I storm through the castle, and arrive at in my dorm room to find Ron sitting on his bed.

Seeing my anger features, he gives me a concerned look, and slowly gets up to sit next to me on my bed.

"You alright mate?" He asks hesitantly.

"So I had a crush on Draco right," I begin to rant, and Ron's eyes go as wide as saucers, "And we kissed last week, but made it official a few days ago. Then today, I'm going to the Room of Requirement to study with him and Hermione, and I walk in, and they're talking about me! I eavesdrop, and apparently I'm Draco's weird vampire mate thing! That means none of it was real! So I yelled at them, stormed out, and came here."

"Mate..." Ron looks at the sadly.

I hang my head in my hands, trying not to cry, "And the worst part is, I really liked him. He promised it was real, but all he wants is for a portable blood supply."

"Did you talk to him before you left?"

"No," I sniffle, "I didn't give him the chance."

Ron sighs, "I don't think this is fair on either of you. He should have told you, and explained it to you, but he didn't. You probably should have let him explain, but you have every right to be mad. He kept something very important from you, that changes the whole dynamic of your relationship."

"You're right," tears slip down my face, "I should have let him talk."

"Maybe," Ron rubs my back soothingly, "but you have every right to be frustrated and angry."

I sit up, rubbing the tears off of my face with the back of my hand. "C-can I study with you?"

"Sure mate, anything you need."

Ron grabs his work and moved back to his previous spot next to me. We begin our Transfiguration work, but my mind is distracted.

One things repeats in my mind like a chant.

Was it all a lie?

Words: 1152