The Trial

Draco's POV

I've lost track of time.

The shadowy, stone walls seem to close in on me. All I can do is sit in a corner and hope. Hope that I didn't put my faith in the wrong person. Hope that I'll get a trial. Hope that I'll be a free man once more.

No matter how hard I try to stop, my mind spins in circles. What if Harry just pretended to like you,and you just gave him the perfect opportunity to get rid of you forever? What if I won't get a trial? What if I'll be stuck here until the day I die?

Not to mention that death seemed a lot closer that I first anticipated. When making my 'get up in Azkaban but then have Harry free you' plan, I never considered that I wouldn't be getting my blood supply in prison. The fact seems obvious now, with the hunger pains as constant reminders.

All I can do is wait and hope.

Harry's POV

It's been three days since we talked to Dumbledore, and I'm beginning to grow anxious.

So many things could go wrong. What if we don't get a trial? What if we loose the trial? What if I never see Draco again? What if the trial only leads to a worse punishment for him? What if my Draco dies?

I take a deep breath. Worrying won't do anything, I have to be strong, for Draco.

Hermione, Ron and I have already asked Madam Pomfrey to speak at Draco's trial, and she thankfully agreed. We've collected our proof of innocence, so what else is there to do?

What else is there to do other then wait and hope.

Two days later at breakfast, news arrived.

Since Draco's capture, no one's wanted to be seen with Hermione, Ron or I. To them, we helped a Slytherin, a vampire, and a criminal. To be honest, from their point of view, I wouldn't want to be seen with us either.

After five days of hearing nothing, I wasn't sleeping. What if we don't get a trial? What if I've failed Draco?

Then, it happened. As all the owls flew through the Great Hall with their packages, one dropped a letter in front of me. A letter with the Ministry of Magic seal.

I quickly tore open the letter, both Hermione and Ron looking over my shoulders.

Mr. Potter,

You are invited to speak at Mr. Draco Malfoy's trial on June 11th, at 1 p.m.

If you do not wish to attend, sent an owl as soon as possible.

Have a good day,

Ministry of Magic

I couldn't help put squeal. It worked! My Draco is getting a trial!

The three of us form a group hug, squeezing each other tightly. Then, suddenly, Hermione pulls back.

"Wait! The 11th is today!" She exclaims, and we all look at each other in a mix of shock and excitement.

"We've got to tell Dumbledore!" Ron says, and I look over at the Headmaster, who is smiling down at us, a twinkle in his eye.

"I'm sure he already knows," I point out, and the others nod.

"To Madam Pomfrey then?" Hermione says, and we all agree.

Within minutes we're running through the halls, not even slowing when Filch yells at us. In less than five minutes, we arrive at the Hospital Wing.