01 : letter

the new version of [ ONLY YOU ]: 21.5.2021

This is a work of fiction. Unless otherwise indicated, all the names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents in this book are either the product of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

not a perfect writer.
still lacking and learning.
correct me if I am wrong :)

-

" Have you ever fallen in love?"

The teacher asked the whole classroom and walked around the place slowly while holding a love poem that he snatched away from other students from different classes. He repeated the same question as the class gave him no response. I gasped when he suddenly stopped in front of my desk and knocked on my desk to make me look at him. I sighed slowly and looked at him, standing up from my seat.

" Have you ever fallen in love, Song Aera?"

I became anxious of course, realized my classmates were waiting for my answer. I took a glance at Jay who was resting his head on the table while playing with the pen instead of focusing on the teacher and then, my eyes caught Sunghoon who was staring at me, seem like he was curious about my answer.

" Yes." I shortly answered and felt embarrassed like my cheeks were burning when my classmates were teasing me with a weird noise.

" But he doesn't love me back." I continued, so my classmates will stop asking me about the person I fell in love with.

" Read this love letter. It's for you."

My eyes widen. It was shocking for me to get a love letter- I cleared my throat and opened the love letter nervously as the teacher asked me to read it loudly.

" Hello, Song Aera.

This is me, your classmate. Although I always see you in the classroom, I am still afraid to confess my feeling to you. You are different from other girls and I find you attractive. So, please don't try to change yourself to be a better one. For me, you are always special in my heart. I like you, Song Aera. Let's meet at the school garden after school.

From, your classmate.

park."

Sunghoon, the class president suddenly stood up from his seat and approached the teacher.

" It's already lunchtime, Mr. Jeong."
He said and the teacher nodded, collected his things before walking out from the classroom.

Jay laughed,
" Who wrote the stupid letter? The words are not romantic. It's a bit cringe."

He said while fixing his collar and necktie. Then, he fixed his eyes on me making me lost in his beautiful eyes. I felt embarrassed again and broke it off by looking at somewhere else.
How can I make an eye-contact with someone I love?

My action was really obvious-
I was scared if he notices my feeling on him.
So, I quickly went towards the door with my eyes fixed on the ground and suddenly bumped into Sunghoon causing the book to fall on the ground.