thirteen - "I love you, son"

S A R G E N T

S A R G E N T

*Flashback*

"Sargent, you know i love you son, right?"

Thirteen-year-old Sargent and his dad were both sitting alone in the living room, and Sargent was trying to do his homework.

He looked at his dad with sad eyes. He missed the old days, "Yes, dad, of course, I love you too,"

"You would do anything for me, wouldn't you?" his dad said while getting up from the couch.

"Of course," Sargent replied and looked at his dad with a smile. His dad looked happy again, after everything.

His dad nodded to make Sargent follow him, and he also got up from the couch. He was getting excited to finally, bound with his dad again.

He went and sat on the chair and leaned his small arms on the table, watching his dad slowly take out a small knife, thinking they were going to make food our something.

His dad sat on the chair in front of him. Sargent was still a child. But the weird emotion in his dad's eyes didn't go unnoticed by him.

His dad took a stronghold of his hand and put the small, yet sharp, fruit knife in his palm, "I want you to cut yourself,"

Sargent's small little hands started shaking, and an unusual coldness took over his tiny body. Did he hear him right?

It felt like he was back in time again, in Blaine's room, watching horror movies and getting scared by a pop-up scene. That moment with his dad was like a horror movie.

"Why-why, would you want me to do that?" he asked with teary eyes.

His dad had a sick smile on his face, "This is for Blaine. We can save him if you do this,"

Was he telling the truth? Was it really possible to save Blaine? Surely, his dad wouldn't lie to him.

He took the knife with shaking hands and pressed it on his wrist.

He would do this to save Blaine and make everyone happy. His dad would love Sargent again. Blaine would be back.

He was scared, but he really wanted to do this, "I-I can't do this, I'm scar-" before he could finish his sentence, his dad banged on the table with such anger it made Sargent get up alarmed.

"You fucking bastard! You said you loved me! You're a filthy liar! You're not even brave enough to save your brother! You should've died! Not him! I'm going to kill you!" his dad yelled, and Sargent started running immediately.

It felt like he was going to die from the intense pain he felt in his heart from all the running.

He locked himself in his room immediately, "Open this goddamn door!" his dad banged on the door. He even tried to kick it open a few times, but it didn't work.

It went on for hours and hours. Eventually, Sargent fell asleep in front of the door, and the banging stopped.

Had to write another flashback because a quick look on Sargent's childhood will add up to his behaviour in the upcoming chapters and the previous ones :) Thank you for reading don't forget to vote and comment