꧁ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚘: 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙱𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙷𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚜 ꧂

Rewritten ✔️

꧁ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ꧂

SKYLER SMILED AS THE WIND BLEW HER HAIR BACK as she drove along the road, glancing out the window she frowned, her eyes connecting with the "Welcome to Mystic Falls" sign.

She huffed focusing back on the road ahead, she hated small towns, and it didn't make it any better that this specific town was the reason she hated small towns. They made her feel trapped and she hated it.

She didn't always hate small towns, she used to love them. A lot of things changed after Katherine came, however.

As she drove she made a note not to go easy on Niklaus in the next Mikaelson prank war.

As Skyler drove into the cursed town, she wondered if the newest Doppelganger would ruin her brothers like the last one did. Knowing the Salvatore's luck, it would be worse than last time.

She shivered at the thought, although a lot of things had happened between the Salvatore siblings, Skyler still loved her brothers, they were the only real family she had left and she knew no matter what happened she would always love them just as they would always love her and, even if they wouldn't admit it, each other.

Skyler sighed, pushing away the thoughts as much as she could, she reached over and turned on the stereo to her favorite radio channel before turning up the volume as loud as she could in hopes of getting rid of her thoughts for just a little while.

She rolled down her windows more, focusing on the way the wind blew her hair back, the lyrics of the music, and the road ahead.

꧁꧂

Soon enough, Skyler was driving through town, not wanting to visit any of the sights that were all too familiar despite looking strangely different, she decided to go straight to the place she once called home, the Salvatore Boarding House.

Skyler knew it was true but she still couldn't believe that her brothers were living in the haunting home again, she wondered if they were able to walk around the home without the memories overwhelming them, making them feel trapped as it made her.

They're probably there right now, Skyler thought bitterly. She didn't know if that was a good or bad thing, she knew she would have to see them eventually.

At least Stefan will be at school with his little doppelganger and his human friends. From what Skyler's heard, the doppelganger built herself an army of friends ready to attack anyone who hurt her, even a Salvatore, and if the girl was anything like Katherine, they would be ready and willing to do anything for the doppelganger, until she stabs them in the back just like Katherine did.

Once Skyler arrived at the Salvatore boarding house, she climbed out of her car, slamming the door behind her and deciding to leave her luggage in the truck, absentmindedly wondering if she could get Damon to get it for her later.

She walked up to the door, taking a deep but shaky breath as she stared at the door that seemed to haunt her, looking the same as it did before... everything.

Deciding not to knock, Skyler opened the door, slightly surprised that it was unlocked, and walked in, spotting Damon and an unfamiliar male talking in the parlor of the home, each holding a drink Skyler knew had to be bourbon. She wrinkled her nose at the smell, their father used to drink that and it seemed Damon liked the horrid taste as well.