~ 23 ~

~ 2 weeks into the case of Areum's kidnap ~

Areum's POV.

I look down to my ring and frown. I took it off , looking at it. Soon someone cleared his throat making me turn.

"Hey princess ," he said as he sat next to me.

"H-Hi .." I said and soon he looked down to my ring. He then looked at me and smirked.

"Oh this , my fake engagement ring .." I said as I chuckled.

"Hm , well , what happened between you and Mingi princess ?" He asked.

"He kinda cheated on me with this girl name Hyejin .. she used to be my best friend .. we did everything together .. but one day , when I came back from tour , I found them .. asleep with each other .. naked .." I said as tears welled up in my eyes.

"I am sorry .. I am such a crybaby .." I said as I wiped my tears away. He chuckled and turned me towards him.

"I won't let anyone hurt you okay babygirl ?" He asked as he wiped my tears away.

"Why don't you go in and rest ?" He asked and I nodded , getting up.

Jimin's POV.

"Tell Chim Goodnight for me .." She said and I nodded. She went in her room and I smirked. I got up , walking towards the bathroom. I look at the mirror and sigh , pushing my hair back.

 I look at the mirror and sigh , pushing my hair back

"J-Jimin .. I k-know what y-you are t-thinking." And I chuckled.

"Oh chim~ , they hurt her." I said as I smirked.

"I-It's not worthy .." he said.

"Oh it's worthy all right .. they hurt our babygirl ..." I said as I chuckled.

"Let me handle this .." I said laughing. I went out of the bathroom , grabbing my mask. I went to my table , getting a knife and also my special dumbbell. I then went out to the car. I smirk , starting the engine.

~ later ~

I look out of the window seeing a hospital. I smirked and soon someone walked out of the building.

"Nae~ goodnight~" she said.

"There's our girl .." I said and smirk. I went out and followed her.

Third person's POV.

"Aigoo .. what a day .." said Hyejin as she massage her left shoulder. Soon a whistle was heard making her stop her tracks.

She turned around , looking to see if there isn't anyone. She shrugged it off , continued to walk. Soon she heard footsteps making her stop again.

"Hello ? Anyone there ?" She said but there wasn't any reply. She sigh as she slowly walked again but soon the same whistle was being heard making goosebumps creep on her body.

"Who ever you are , come out ! It's not funny !" She shouted. Soon a black figure came out of the shadow making her eyes widened.

"Hello babygirl .." he said with his deep voice. She shudder in fear as she took a step back. He then revealed a knife and smirk making her eyes widened.

"Scared much ?" He asked as he chuckled. He then slowly approach her making her shake in fear. She soon started running away as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Please ! Help ! Anyone !" She shouted as she ran. She turned back to see the guy still following her. Suddenly she accidentally tripped on a rock. She screamed in pain as she tried crawling away.

"Poor baby .." he said as he smirked.

"Run run run .." he cooed as he laughed making her whimper. Soon he grabbed her by the hair making her scream. He started dragging her as she screamed , trying to get out of his grip. He then let go of her hair and cursed.

"Aish .. your too loud !" He shouted as he grabbed her cheeks forcing her to look at him. He then took out his knife pushing it to the side of her stomach making her scream in pain , crying.

"Shush .. shush .." he whispered as he smiled. He took out the knife as she whimpered.

"Lights out baby .." he said as he lifted his dumbbell , swinging it down to her head. He let go of her hair as she plopped down on the ground with blood trickling down.

"P-Please ... don't h-hurt me .. I-I beg you .." She said making him laugh.

"I have to babygirl .. you hurt my baby .." he said and soon lifted the dumbbell again , swinging it down on the exact place.

"S-Save me .." she whispered softly as he swing the dumbbell again. He kept swinging till she was dead. He sigh as he wiped the blood away from his face and smirked.

"Rest well baby .." he cooed as he smirk , walking back to his car.

Jungkook's POV.

I drove to where Namjoon hyung was with Jiwoo beside me. Once we reach , we saw a few residents at the crime scene.

We got out of the car and ran to where the police are. I showed them my badge as Jiwoo ran to where Namjoon hyung is.

"Hyung !" I called out making him turn.

"Kook .. it's Hyejin .." he said and my eyes widened. I look at Jiwoo who was already shock. She then pushed through the officers.

"Jiwoo !" I shouted as I chased after her. She froze as she saw Hyejin's body on the ground , dead.

"H-Hyejin .." she said as she dropped on her knees. She then covered her face with her hands , sobbing. I look at the body and sigh seeing the exact same wound from the past weeks.

"He got her." Said Namjoon hyung. I went to Jiwoo as she cried. I brought her to my embrace as she sobbed on my chest. I look at the body again and sigh.

"Hyejin ah .." sobbed Jiwoo as I caress her back.

"How is it possible ? How does he know Hyejin ?" I asked making him sigh.

"I am not sure , he must have found out someway .." he said.

"How long do you think she was murdered ?" I asked.

"About 2 hours ago .." he said and I sigh.

"She was murdered by the same weapon , something heavy.." he said.

"He kills other girls except Areum .. Areum has been missing for 2 weeks already .." I said.

"Now , I don't even know if Areum could still be alive .."