"My name is..."

"What's in a name? 

That which we call a rose by any 

other name would smell as sweet."

- William Shakespeare

🌊⛰🔥🌬

Zuko's POV

We followed the stranger up the small hill of ice and found a lot of air nation belongings. I moved my gaze to what the girl was running to, only to found out what uncle meant by. It was a dragon. The last one of its kind. It had red and gold scales with wings, with black horns on its head. Its paws looked like they could break your whole body with a gentle push and teeth that can lure clueless fish into its jaws. The creature seemed to be sleeping, until "Miku!" the girl exclaimed as she leaped onto the beast and gave it a hug.

"Come on Miku. Time to wake up, girl." she was trying to wake her pet up by opening its eyelid, then got to move its head up. In the corner of my eye, I saw my uncle was watching her with amusement. I looked back and she was picked by the creature while it gave her a lick, "Haha. You're ok!" I cleared my throat to catch her attention, "Sorry, who are you and what is that?" I questioned in an irritated voice, 'I don't why I was wasting my time with this peasant? She seems ok and can do fine on her own. Why couldn't we just go back to the ship and find the avatar?' I ranted in my head, until someone broke that silence. "Oh, right. Where are my manners." she took a deep breath.

"Hello, my name is (Y/N)." she said while waving politely and smiled to us then gestured to the creature, now fully awake. "And this is my dragon and best friend, Miku." Uncle waved back with a friendly smile. "My name is Iroh, and this is my nephew, prince Zuko. The next thing I knew, the dragon had slithered in front of me, looking into my eyes with their own green eyes. It looked like it was considering if they should trust us or not, then it licked me while I was off my guard.

I heard giggling from my uncle and the girl, (y/n) "Aw, she likes you." She stopped for a moment and looked between us. "So. What is the Fire nation doing in the South Pole anyway?" I looked at her with confusion, 'Wait, Does she know about the avatar?' I looked at uncle and he gave her a concerned smile. "We are here looking for someone. How about we go back to the ship and warm up and have some tea?"

We both waited, then she gave us a wide smile "Sure." I walked to them, telling them what we will do "Then it's settled then, we will take you and your animal 'friend' back to our ship. You can tell us about how you got in that iceberg, and we can tell you our business here. Understand?" They both nodded.

The dragon, Miku I think its name was, went back to me and picked me up with its mouth on the back of my collar. "Hey! Put me down, right now." (Y/N) had to bribe her way to get me off her pet's mouth and offered me and uncle to sit in the saddle. "It's a two sitter, but don't worry, I have my own way of flying." As she finished her sentence she pulled a staff out then stook it, turning it into some kind of glider and grabbing a bag that must have some of her belongings.

"Wait. You're an airbender!" She nodded, making Uncle and me look at her astonished with meeting probably the last of her kind, while I was confused. 'How can she be an airbender? Aren't they all gone?' I thought of so many questions of how she is an airbender and how she ended up in that iceberg, but no matter how many times I tried, I couldn't find an answer. Yet.

We climbed on Miku, I was at the front of the saddle and uncle was behind me."Okay boys, hold on tight and keep your bodies on the saddle at all times." she announced, then she jumped and glided through the air, shouting "Come on Miku, Hut hut!"

We started moving, fast. I held on tight to the reins for my life, closing my eyes. I felt the dragon jump, but we went down. I slowly opened my eyes, seeing (y/n) laughing at the way I reacted. Then she tried to encourage the dragon to fly. "Come on, Miku. Show Princey and his uncle what you can do. Hut hut." I looked at the distance in front of us, ignoring the 'Princey' part of her sentence and the fact that uncle was laughing at the new name I just got. I saw the ship just a few more metres away from us and the setting sun behind it. 'I wonder if she knows the avatar and if he is alive?'

~~~

Please vote and comment on this for support.

~~~