Talking with a scarred prince.

"Leaders think and 

talk about the solutions. 

Followers think and 

talk about the problems."

~Brian Tracy

🌊⛰🔥🌬

I heard Iroh say that he was going to bed and advised us to go to bed soon. Now, it's just princey and me alone. 'I have the feeling that Iroh did this on purpose.' I asked myself. "You look nice in fire nation clothing." I jolted from the voice of the scared boy next to me, I only replied with a small thanks. "So, you're an airbender?" He asked, trying to make conversation with me. "Yeah, I am. And you're a fire nation prince?" I asked with a smirk, he replied with a nod. We were quiet again, not knowing what to say.

"The view looks nice." I said trying to keep conversations going "So do you." I felt my face turn red, so I watched the water below, seeing my reflection ripple against the waves. Zuko joined in shortly and looked at his reflection. "Can I ask you something?" I hummed in response, but I have a feeling I already know what the question might be. "How did you get yourself in the iceberg?"

I sighed "I'll tell in the morning. But first, I need to sleep so I have energy to tell you and your uncle then." I started to walk away until my wrist was grabbed by the boy behind me. "Sorry, um, d-do you want me to walk you back to your room? It's next door to mine." He nervously said while looking at the floor. I thought about what he said and I still don't know my way around this place. "Okay. I need help getting around here anyway." I chuckled when I finished, but to my surprise he joined in.

He brought up his hand, waiting for me to hold. I placed my hand on his and we started to walk. His hand felt soft yet firm by touch, it reminded me of my mother. Silence was filling the air more as we walked, so I talked to him to stop the silence from suffocating me. "You know, I met a fire nation prince before." He looked at me with wide eyes. "His name was Azulon, and we were good friends." I took my eyes towards him, and saw his amber eyes properly, they looked somehow familiar...

"Azulon was my grandfather." I stopped in my tracks, shocked at what Zuko said. He stopped too after he went a few steps, he was probably thinking what he said that might have been wrong. "W-what are you t-trying to s-say?" I asked with fear running through my teeth, tears are threatening to leave my eyes again, but I'm losing my energy to hold them back.

"I think I now know how long you were in that iceberg. I bet you don't know about the war, do you?" I shook my head in disagreement. "It all makes sense now. The war is a century old, and you know nothing about it. (Y/N), I believe you were in that iceberg for 100 years." I gasped and I felt my knees were being weak to stand with, my heartbeat and breath was getting faster as more fear was filling my lungs. The next thing I knew, I fell and the world was black.

~~~

I know this was a short chapter, but the next one will be longer. I swear.

Please support me by commenting and voting.