Chapter 3- Making the best of a new world

It had been two years since that day. I had waited and looked after the three ten year olds. They were twelve and had signed up for the 104th Cadet Training Corps. I joined them. It didn't matter to the Corps that I was joining at twenty years old, just an extra person willing to give their life for humanity.
I fought hard. I trained hard.
Still there was no going back, at least to my old world. For now I was making the best of this new world and making it my own.
I broke in sweats working myself to the bone. I had even lost weight at one point and nearly catapulted myself high as a bird with the ODM gear, with Titan dummies.
Armin even at one point told me to calm down, that it would be worth nothing if I killed myself in training. I had to agree with him after that.

What Eren had said filled me everyday. We had to kill those Titans. Kill them and this whole piece of humanity would be free.
Kill them and maybe I would return home. Not that I remembered too much about my old world nowadays. It felt like coming to this world was my home now. The other world was starting to blur.

Soon the time training had passed and we were being sent on a mission within Trost, behind Wall Rose to test us before our graduation. Four years.
But that day. That day would be ingrained in my head more than I had ever thought.

The day began as one would expect. Dressed ready for the mission. ODM gear strapped on, in our training uniform. I was to be near the wall. The other cadets had been stationed elsewhere-I was to be working with the Garrison. Distinguished by their roses on their uniform.
I was disgusted by their attitudes to be honest-especially as a woman. They didn't really practise in case of a Titan Attack, like the one on wall Maria-all those years ago.
They were drinking quite heavily and grew boorish and irritated when I wouldn't join them.
I knew what drunk men could get like. And I wasn't going to put myself in that position, I instead stood poised on the wall.
It was a surprise when Eren, Armin and Mikasa joined me later in the day. They had been sent to help out. They too were disgusted by the actions of the garrison. Eren so far to begin saying something when steam began pouring over the top of the wall to our left.
We all turned in unison, horror in our gazes.
The colossal titan had returned.
My heart raced. Now was the time.
Before I could launch at the Titan Eren beat me too it and the wall shook with the punch the Titan sent it. As Eren relanded, and the Titan vanished. I knew it was far from over. There had to now be another hole, one we had to defend.
But it was too late. I saw the first Titan- a metre tall crawl through the hole, closely followed by others, from where I stood positioned on the edge of the wall. Swords poised ready.

The fight for Wall Rose would begin. I had no idea who would survive this and who wouldn't. But I would take as many as I could before I died, I would take as many with me should I die.