Chapter 6- a plan and a rescue

Standing there dumbfounded, I watched Eren. He was beating them, tearing the napes from their bodies with his teeth, easily killing them. But they had noticed him too. They had begun to flock to him.
If I could help him? Would I be able to? Would he even let me?
The Titans remaining were flocking to him, their grinning faces eager. In that moment I realised if I didn't help, he would be overwhelmed. I fired my grappling hook and it landed on Eren's shoulder. I flew straight to his shoulder, at one point his eyes turned to me, gave a grunt and carried on.
Together we destroyed Titans. Me barely needing to use the nonexistent gas. Just the grappling hook and using Eren in his Titan form as the height and speed. Soon I could tell he was tiring.
"Eren!" I screamed in his ear. "We need to move towards the base. We will have help and I'm out of gas."
His piercing eyes just stared at me. A flick towards the Titans and then back at me. I held tight to his hair, not sure what else to hold onto.
He turned and ran. I was glad I decided to hold to his hair as he would have thrown me through the air at the speed he was going. He had heard me!
When we got close, there were Titans blocking's our way.
"Throw me." I shouted in his ear. "I'll use them to get in and get gas. Be careful," He nodded at my words. I jumped onto his clenched fist, which then flew into a punch to a Titans jaw, propelling me forwards, I jumped onto shoulders, moved past hands and mouth grabbing me, slicing a few napes in the process. Then I tumbled through a broken window, knocking the final breaths from me.

"Layla!" Came a shout, my ears were ringing.
Hands helped me sit up. I gasped for breath.
"Your ok!" A huge bone crushing hug squeezed the rest of the breath that I had just taken in.
"Armin, ease up will you." I croaked. Arms unlocked hurriedly. Then I smiled at the blond boy with tears filling his eyes and an even brighter smile. "I promised I would stay alive, just found another way here."
"How-"
Eren roared outside.
I chuckled. "Him-" I said jabbing a thumb. "Hitched a ride on a Titan killing the others paid me no mind." I wasn't going to say who it was.
"A Titan killing other Titans?" Armin asked confused. "What?"
"Yeah. But look I need gas so I can go help." I said noticing the sheepish looks they gave. "What?" I asked.
"Titans got in to where the gas supply is." Came a low voice, I turned. I recognised her. She was a member of the gas supply squad. "We lost so many and had to abandon it."
I patted her on the shoulder. "Not to worry, so how are we going to get the gas back?" I directed this at Armin, who's smile brightened even further, if that was at all possible.
He explained that they had a plan, and now I was here I could help. I wholeheartedly agreed, knowing Armins plans worked.

We all got into position. Myself and six others on beams above the 4m Titans. Ready.
The others were lowered on a lift armed with rifles.
Soon the had the attention of the Titans, waited....then fired. That's when the six of us flew. Sliced napes together. Or so we thought. Sasha screamed as hers didn't go deep enough before I or Mikasa could get there Connie stepped in.

All of us hurried to grab gas and fill our empty ODM gear. Me more so than the others, I wanted back out there. Eren was close to being worn out. I had to grab him before they ate him for real this time.
"Layla what are you doing?" Reiner asked.
"That Titan needs help. So I'm going back out there." I said pushing my hair back and the swords I had replaced the broken ones with into place, striding back out the broken window. I squinted. There he was and without another word- gassed it out of there, a scream sounding behind me. Now I had gas I span in the air, avoiding being grabbed, sliced and diced and carried on towards Eren.

I knew the others- Eren's friends would be following me, I had heard them take off.
Steam was coming off Eren in droves. He must near his limit. I pushed harder. Titans began to bite down on his Titan form, I had to get to the nape, he could be there- it was a Titans weak spot after all.
I sliced and saw Eren encased in blood and muscle that seemed attached to him, I carefully sliced the muscle, pulling him from the nape, before flying away.
We landed, him unconscious and me panting after carrying him. To the wall near the base. There we came face to face with guns trained on us and cannons too.