24

[Cafe]

I entered the cafe for the second time this week

I entered the cafe for the second time this week. I nod at the barista beyond the counter and he nods back, noticing me. Namjoon, Jungkook and me always decide to hang out here because of its cozy atmosphere and due to being tucked away on the high street so not many people crowd in here.

I immediately see the back of Namjoon's head and I feel nervousness grow in my stomach. After I went back to the guest room last night, I messaged Namjoon and asked to meet him so I could explain in person. Telling one of your best friend you work for a gang isn't something I want to do over text.

I sat in the chair opposite him and leant my hands on the table as he looked up from his phone. "Hey Y/N." Namjoon said. He wasn't his usual cheerful self, he seemed more reserved. He looked over his shoulder back at the door. He swallowed and carried on examining it, he seemed to have a few more nerves than me right now.

It finally hit me and I realized what he was doing. He was looking for Yoongi. "He isn't here, don't worry." I reassure him. Namjoon let out a breathy laugh as he looked back around, facing me. His eyes found mine but they soon left and focused on something else.

"Y/N! What happened?!" Namjoon noticed my confusion and pointed to his lips whilst still looking at me...damn, I forgot about the cut on my lip. "It's nothing, I just got in the middle of somethi-"... "Was it him?!" Namjoon cut me off. His voice indicated the annoyance that had quickly sparked in his chest. But I couldn't tell what he meant. Who does he think caused it?

Again I put in my confused face, I still haven't been in the right mood to talk since last night so he will have to just read my facial expression. He looked around again, carefully observing the Cafe before finally speaking again.

"Did the leader do that to you?! Min Yoongi?" Namjoon asked. It felt weird hearing his name being said out loud and it sent a cold shiver through me, urging me to look around the cafe as well in search of the dark haired man.

"No, no it wasn't him." I replied. "Then what happened? Are you telling me the truth? I see you one day hanging out with the gang leader and the next day you have a cut on your lips." Namjoon said.

I haven't spoken properly to anyone other than Yoongi since last night but seeing Namjoon's worried expression in front of me is forcing my feelings to rise through my stomach and up to my throat.

His eyes soften and I notice the gentle tears that are falling from my eyes. "I- it wasn't him. I promise... He helped me get away from the person that did." The mumble words fell out of my mouth before I could process them. Namjoon heard me and his face egged me on for an explanation.

"Y/N?" Namjoon said, looking worried. "It was Seungri. He got angry at me but before he could do anything... Yoongi stood in and helped." I didn't know what reaction. He stared at me blankly, the only movement being the furrowing of his eyebrows.