Prologue ♥ | 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚃𝚘𝚠𝚗

A/N: This is more of an introduction where you get to learn the character, but it's still part of the story.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Sophia's POV

I woke up because of a repeating and obnoxiously loud sound. I opened one eye, and found myself staring at a white ceiling. I sat up quickly, suddenly remembering where I was, and pressed the stop-button on my alarm clock. I'm not in my house. Well, I guess I am now, but I'm still not used to living here. 

Me and my parents moved here a few days ago. My mom got promoted at her job and had to move offices. This town was just way easier and closer to her new office. That's why some of the boxes with posters for my walls and pictures of my family and me are still unpacked. I was way too lazy to do all that when we first arrived here. 

When we initially came here, I only wandered around town and met some of the neighbors from across the street. They were actually really friendly and welcoming, they even invited us for dinner.

I groaned, stretching my arms and legs while still in bed. I jumped up, suddenly excited for the first school day. I never hated school, and I also never understood why people did. Everyone was so nice to me, even the teachers. I don't mean to sound like a "little Miss Perfect" or anything though. There were a few girls that didn't like me very much, but I don't know why. I never did anything to them. 

But that's another reason for why I am so happy today, it's a fresh start, a new beginning. Nobody here knows who I am, and I hope to make a good first impression.

To start the day, I went to the bathroom and took a relaxing, hot shower. I washed my hair and wrapped it up after. I sprayed myself with my new and also favorite body perfume - it was a soft and fresh, not too strong, vanilla scented body mist. 

I picked my outfit for the day. It was pretty warm  outside, so it consisted of a white, off the shoulders top tucked into my blue jean skirt. I wore it with a golden necklace - well, it's fake gold, but still, the color was gold - and a pair of earrings that matched.

 I wore it with a golden necklace - well, it's fake gold, but still, the color was gold - and a pair of earrings that matched

                                    (Sophia's outfit of the day ^) 

After I was completely dressed, I put on some light, natural makeup. I was never that good with makeup, so I always only wore a bit of eyeliner and lip gloss. I didn't necessarily need mascara, my eyelashes were pretty long by themselves, plus I always forget I have it on and accidentally smudge it. 

When I was done with that, I dropped the towel from my head and blow-dried my hair quickly, then brushed it thoroughly. My hair was chestnut brown and a bit wavy, it fell down 'til just above my waist.