Ch40: The Letter

(I guess you all just leveled up lol)

I froze a bit and didn't want to grab my phone.

"Whats wrong?" Evan asked

"The note...ralphs note is in the case..." I said softly," I-I..."

I put my hands over my mouth and closed my eyes for a moment to calm myself. I took my hands away and took in a few deep breath's.

"I don't think you're stable enough to read it-"

"It's the last thing I have thats his..." I said," I wanna read it."

"Y/N..." evan said softly

I pushed the plate away and grabbed my phone but started having second thoughts about it. I took my hand away from my phone and contemplated on reading it or not.

I grabbed my phone again but then pulled my hand away from it and sighed.

"I can't, Evans right." I said," I'm not stable enough to read it."

"You could've just had a whole battle in your head and all we would've seen was you hesitating to get your phone." Basically said," maybe you should read it."

"Yeah it's clearly bothering you, read it." Smitty encouraged

I looked at them and they seemed to have supported me reading it. I looked at my phone and picked it up, my heart now racing.

I took off the case and out fell the folded paper. I put the case back on and put my phone down an grabbed the paper.

I then froze as my heart was beating out of my chest. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked to see delirious.

"It's alright if you're scared to read it, but it might help you." He said softly

I looked at the paper again and let out the breath of air I didn't know I was holding.

"Okay." I said softly

I started to unfold it and prepared myself for whatever it said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Note:

I don't have a normal life like other kids. My mommy was sick and could never take care of me but Mrs DP found me and took me in as her own. She never let me down and help with my mommy's sickness. She even gave me clothes and helped me with school! she's so nice and funny and she protects me a lot, no matter what it cost.

But then my mommy told me goodbye and said Mrs DP would be my new mommy. Mrs DP even mocked the orphan people cause she is proud to keep me in her care even if she got in trouble for it. Mrs DP Mommy has done a lot for me and I love her like my mommy so I think of her as my real mommy. She is my real mommy.

But she is always in danger and people keep taking her so I worry about her. I also know she's having trouble with money and scared that I might not be safe. Manny tells me that she's okay but we both know she isn't. So I started telling kids at my school that I would do their homework if they paid me for it, that way mommy doesn't have to worry about money.

I also asked mikey to help mommy by asking him to take me to school for her and asking cindy to watch mommy cause of the new gang. Mommy made friends with them but I know mommys still more concerned with us than anything else. I love mommy very much and I hope I was able to help her a little with her problems.

Mommy made me toast and hot coco to! Mommy makes good hot coco and toast and she's said she would get me a puppy, I really want a puppy, if I helped her with a prank with her new boyfriend. If it helped mommy and me then I would do it, especially cause I want a puppy. I wanna name him ROCKET! But if it's a girl then I wanna name her Y/N cause I will love the puppy as much as mommy!