59 - He Has A Mental Disorder/Illness (Ashton/Luke)

a/n: this was requested so if anyone else wants to request something, just leave a comment or pm me or something c:

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

He Has a Mental Disorder/Illness: (Ashton/Luke)

(i don't know if this needs a full warning but just in case it does, please don't read if you're uncomfortable with this particular topic, i don't want to upset anybody. also if you need to talk, just pm me cause i'm always here :3)

Ashton: Silence surrounded you and Ashton as you left the doctor's building. His hand loosely gripped yours and the two of you swiftly walked to the car, you checking around for fans or paparazzi.

'Maybe I should drive?' You asked softly. Ashton nodded vaguely in your direction; you knew he was too distracted for anything right now. As he settled down in the seat, he subconsciously tapped his hand on his knee whilst staring out of the window. You started the cars ignition but just shut it right back down again.

You hesitated for a moment before speaking, 'I...I know people hate hearing stuff like this but, but it's going to be okay.'

'No Y/N. No, it's not going to be okay. I have just been diagnosed with depression and it feels like my whole world is closing in on me and I can't escape that. You say it's going to be okay, but will it? Like, how am I...how am I meant to tell my fans that the person who is saving them needs saving himself?' Ashton choked out, tears making their way freely down his face.

You opened your mouth and closed it again, not knowing quite how to respond. So you just undone your seat belt and lent across, holding Ashton as he sobbed into you. There wasn't a way to exactly comfort him; you couldn't tell him you knew how he was feeling because you simply didn't.

'We're going to be okay, aren't we Y/N?' Ashton whispered, his voice cracking in the middle of the question.

'Yeah,' you sniffed, holding back your tears, 'we're gonna be okay Ash.'

Luke: 'I don't know Y/N, maybe it's too early to meet Luke?' Your mum said through the phone, with a fake saddened tone. You sighed for what seemed like the 20th time in the past half an hour. Even though you and Luke had been dating for about 8 months now, he still hadn't formally met your parents. At first they were excited about it but then you explained to them that he has OCD and ever since they, especially your mum, had come up with a variety of very lame and unconvincing excuses.

'You might as well come clean mum, I know you and dad don't want to see him because he has OCD but why is it such a problem?'

'It's not a problem-'

You cut her off and replied with a raised voice, 'well it clearly freaking is!'

'Let me finish,' she said, sounding frustrated, 'I just thought my daughter would grow up dating someone a bit more...normal?'

'What the hell is that meant to mean?' Looking over your shoulder you noticed Luke wandering into the kitchen and lowered your voice, 'I'm completely fine with dating Luke and if that's such a problem for you then you don't have to have an opinion on it. But what if I had OCD or another mental illness? What would you and dad do then? Chuck me out on the streets because I'm sure as hell that you wouldn't.' And with that you slammed your phone down, let out a huff and crossed your arms.

Luke entered the living room and innocently straightened out the magazines on the coffee table several times as he started to talk to you, 'I heard the conversation with your mum. If I'm just going to ruin the relationship between you and your parent s then-'

'Luke, they can both go stuff themselves, honestly. Their opinion doesn't matter to me.'

'Y/N, I was thinking...maybe it'll be good for me to try and get help...' He began to say as he came and sat next to you.

You bought him in for a hug, 'Listen Luke, you're all I care about right now and if you want to get help, I will try as hard as I can to get you help.'

'I just want to prove everyone wrong Y/N, the bullies from high school, the haters now, your parents and even strangers. They all think I'm some messed up freak who likes everything clean and in straight lines but I want to show them that i'm more than that.'

Wiping away a few tears, you squeezed Luke a little tighter, 'well, you're gonna prove them wrong Luke, no matter how long it takes, we can do it.'

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

a/n - this is pretty damn long so im going to post malums probably tomorrow night but I have options evening so idk

MICHAEL'S BLUE HAIR JESUS CHRIST I JUST

QOTD: favourite hair on mikey?
AOTD: I really liked seaweed michael, his current hair colour and galaxy mikey

🌸 vote, comment, stay beautiful