Chapter 13

Ayan stared perplexed at the nervous looking Milan. This wasn't his first time in Milan's private quarters, but this was indeed the first time been here without his sister. Looking at the expression contoured on Milan's face, he was even more anxious than when he saw the luggage by the entrance door.

" you are traveling aren't you?"

Milan heaved a sigh managing a curt nod.

"then aren't you happy?"

yet again, he heaved another sigh

"I am. I'm just worried about you and Elhaam. This will be the first time I'm leaving since you came here. A lot of things won't be as you'd expect. Just do one thing for me, don't come to the main building until I am back. Baffaa will be ruling the camp while I'm away. I don't want you interacting with him, got it?" Milan let his worry flow through his words.

Confused, Ayan gave a nod in understanding. It's been six months since the two enrolled into the camp. In the span of the time, it was clear Milan was indeed a ruthless ruler. Making sure to torture and then kill all those on operation when the two were orphaned was the first example showing his heartless nature.

Then the realization that Milan never loved any of his children, out of which he didn't even consider naming them, leaving the mothers to decide. Even now, apart from the siblings, Fatima would be the closest definition of his favorite child. That too, because she always tags along when Elhaam goes to visit him.

Then again, the clear partiality he openly showcase towards those of lower standard wasn't entirely conspicous. Amongst his household also, he considers his young fine wives first, then subsquential ones.

But who could change a leaders nature, that's just how Milan is. Not even the siblings would achieve that.

The next morning, as early as 6:00am, Milan was on the road to a private conference meeting in abuja organized for the bandits all over nigeria. It was useless to attend them in his point of view. He doesn't always go by the rules of crime, so he isn't liked by everyone. But making his appearance has become oligatory on him. Liking it or not, he has to be there.

Back at the camp, Elhaam woke up unusually before Ayan, and since it was a routine to greet geesi even before eating breakfast, she silently made her way out of the house into the clear path leading to the main building.

Walking past many of the women here, she answered their greetings with the uncomfort regarding the name everyone them chose for her; sirikata, my daughter in law.

Many of them believed their sons will marry her, or their nephews, or even a friend's son. Nevertheless, she made it past the charade and into the main building. Only not to meet geesi, but a replica of him, ya baffaa.

"ah! My amarya is here to see her husband" he stated, his face breaking into a smile.

scrunching her face in disgust, she asked the only question she needed answer for.

"where is geesi?"

"He traveled. Won't you come closer to your husband?"

"I would never marry an old man" she spat, turning her back to him.

"we'd see. You wouldn't have a choice then" he smirked.

She scoffed, glaring at him, before proceeding to aunty faiza's quarters.

"ina kwana" (good morning) she greeted in the language she was learning.

Giving a soft smile, fa'i replied with a lafiya, then proceeding to get fatima ready