Chapter 32

Elhaam's POV.

After catching a 10 minutes power nap, I gradually stumbled to consciousness by the halt of the car. I noticed the two had exited the car already and I was now the only one left.

I adjusted the crease to my hijab, just as I was about to open the door, it was yanked open by a giggling girl, probably 2 years younger than me, Fatima's age.

"You must be Elhaam!" She squealed dragging me out of the car for a bone crushing hug.

In my confused state I couldn't return  the favour of hugging her back as I had no clue who she was and what excited her.

"Ally darling let go of the girl so she can breath" a 50 year old looking man finally interrupted the moment.

"Oh, sorry" she sheepishly let go with a grin still plastered to her face. I didn't miss the striking resemblance she had with Mastab.

A little farther to her left stood their dad the man who spoke earlier, and by his side, a petite young looking woman with a small smile lingering near her lips.

I wondered if there were more members in their family or not, but if they were, they'd also be out here.

"We're glad you made it safely. Really honored to be in your presence " the elderly man formally stated, opposing the informal smile he wore stretching his hand towards Fahaad, to which he accepted.

"Its our pleasure I guess" Fahaad's gruff reply came.

"I heard you were coming with your cousin, that must be her isn't she?" He pressed on signaling to me.

I tensed visibly at the question anticipating Fahaad's reply.

He side glanced my way before clearing his throat, then a slight nod followed suite.

I watched the man acknowledged me with a nod from a far and I did same.

I yearned for this introduction phase to get over with. The flight exhaustion still lagged my shoulders down and a thudding at my fore brain. The ten minutes nap I had didn't help in anything, but triggered it to some extent instead.

I let out an inaudible sigh at the edge of my internal breakdown. I wondered what was stopping me from speaking up, whatever it was, it was about to reach a limit.

"Lisha why don't you take Elhaam to your room. She must be tired" finally the petite woman's gentle voice came.

"Sure mom. You come with me"

I didn't wait for a second invitation as I ambled into the house trailing behind the girl named Alisha.

Upon reaching the room, I had no time to survey the room. She showed me the bathroom and other necessaries, she left, and soon after I blacked out into a long-awaited slumber.

***

By the time I woke up, the sun had gone down a long time back. The whole room was lit with an orange light coming from a nightlight as the only source of light.

I noticed a figure beside me on the bed and immediately recognized it as Alisha.

I carefully got off the bed in other not to wake her up then made my way to the bathroom.

After using the toilet, I stood by the wash hand basin to stare at my reflection. I was still cladded in the hijab I wore three days ago, and I felt uncomfortable about that.

Suddenly, the sickening feeling settled in the pit of my stomach at the realisation of all my missed salahs. I felt the deathly guilty way me down as I hurriedly performed my ablution.