Chapter 20

A year later...

Third person's POV

"Mai, yakamata mu ma Ayan magana fah" baffa gruffed. (Mai, I think its high time we talked to Ayan)

Milan spared a glance at his first son, then gazed distantly in thoughts.

Ayan never cleared the rumors that spread concerning his sister and friend a year ago, nor did fahaad or even Elhaam. Though they said nothing, something was definitely cooking up.

"I know" he gave a reply.

"I'm not worried about all the boys that have their eyes on her, but that fahaad, he's something else" baffa further vented.

"Wai Mai, shi baffa har yanzu idon shi na kan wannan yariyan?" (So Mai, till date baffa has his eyes on that girl?) shettima's drunken childlike voice echoed. He was the second child of milan, born with a mental disorder, having the mentality of a ten year old.

"Kai dallah yi ma mutane shuru" baffa scorned (will you shut your mouth)

"Mai ka ga baffa na mun fada" he childlishly reported (Mai you see baffa is scolding me)

Even through the absurd exchange between his children, he was still on his thoughts.

Ayan won't agree to it. But Elhaam can't have a better suitor than the next leader of the camp. She'll get the respect and power she deserves, even more than baffa's other wives.

"Elhaam ka ke so?" shettima teased (you like Elhaam?"

"Ita na ke so. Ina ruwan ka" baffa retorted (yes I like her. What's your business in that?)

"Asararre. Ba ta son ka. Ni take so." he taunted ending it sticking out his tongue in mockery. (Useless man. She doesn't like you back, but me)

"Wallahi shetti zan ci uban ka"( I swear shetti I'll...)
A/N I don't know how to put it😅😅

"Gashi nan. Ka ci mana. Wawa kawai" (he's here. You can go ahead. Fool)

"Ya isa!" milan's firm voice interrupted their bicker (that's enough!)

"I'll talk to him today. You can both go"

"Baza mu yarda ta aure banza ba. Ba za mu yarda ta aure banza ba..." shetti sang all the way out. (We won't agree to the wedding with a stupid person...)

"Shetti shekaran ka talatin da bakwai amma kalle ka" baffa scoffed after him. (Shetti you're thirty seven years old and see how you are acting)

"Oho dai. Sai meh. Shekaran ka arba'in da daya kuma wata yarin ya ta zuba maka maganar banza. Baza mu yarda ta aure banza ba." he shot back dashing off.
(Oh yeah, so what? You're forty one and a small child had the guts to tell you off. We won't agree to the wedding with a stupid person)

Baffa was more than irritated at the realitycheck, with the little hope in him, he walked home praying Milan calls him back with good news.

***

"Fahaad why is your house still so empty? Its nearly a year since they finished it" Ayan wondered around the already finished duplex.

"I don't know. Milan has other plans I guess" he muttered finishing the quick sandwich they stopped to make.

"Other plans indeed. I wonder what it is"

Munching on the sandwich, Ayan decided to start up another conversation.

"Have you figured out why he made your house a duplex instead of a bungalow like the rest in the camp? He made it so big, it can't be without a reason"