Chapter 28

Not edited!

It was the third day of our stay here, if only the word boring could expanciate more on what my stay has been. The last time I stepped outside was the day we arrived in the evening, I'm starting to believe that too was because I needed a new phone ASAP.

I peeked up from my game to glance at Fahaad opposite me at the far end of the room oblivious to my gazes.

Its been like this all day. We'd sit in the same room on our phones, he'd go out to pray or order us food, and we sleep. The same routine happened ever since yesterday and I refuse to allow today go by as well.

The problem was the conversation starter. I looked back to my candy crush, occasionally stealing peeps at him.

What is it about him that makes me anxious. I could start a conversation with anyone but him.

"You want to say something?" He asked staring at me catching me off guard.

I cleared my throat to mask my surprise adjusting my uncomfortable sitting posture.

"I'm bored" I blurted out.

"You want to go out then?" He asked putting his phone aside.

I gave a nod with a bright smile on my face.

"Get ready. I'll be in the living room waiting" He replied with a gentle smile before walking out.

I was wearing a long sleeved floral print gown. I accompanied it with a peach turban cap, draped a matching veil, took my phone and set off.

We ambled out of the hotel a couple meters away from each other.

"Where do you want to go?" He broke the silence.

"I don't know" Honestly, I didnt know. I've never even heard of the country, talk more know of the tourism attraction places.

We continued to walk in silence as we rounded by a nearby park. Children's laughter echoing the atmosphere. From those on swings, to the ones having a stroll with there families, to those running around. The park benches, some occupied with couples, and others empty, everything gave a lively friendly view. A view I'm not used to seeing.

I found myself going in the direction of the entrance. This was bliss. An automatic smile made its way to my face, as the child-like feeling blossomed within me.

I wanted to run around like every child here, play on the swing with no bother in the world, but with a single glance beside me, my thoughts came to a halt.

Fahaad. Not that I cared what he thinks of me, or maybe I did. I was wary of how it will change his point on me.

Deciding to push my desires away, I masked my face with a blank look as we walked further down the lanes.

We walked past beautiful sceneries, each one I yearned to appreciate physically, but suppressed it. Soon, we walked for about an hour, then decided to take a rest at a bench.

"My dad used to take us to parks" Fahaad broke the silence staring at a young injured boy with his father to assist.

I remained silent, waiting for him to continue.

"My siblings will be the ones playing and running around, and I always by his side." He continued with a distant look.

"That small boy reminds me of myself. The day I finally decided to join my siblings in their running games, I fell and bruised myself so bad, and just like his dad, mine was there to console me too. I then realized, maybe my role at parks was to be my father's tail after all." He ended glancing at me with a sad smile.