Chapter 31

Not edited!!!

Hours passed by with no evidence of life in the hotel apartment. Elhaam still locked in the room, and Fahaad out of sight. That didn't change the fast approaching reality of their departure.

Elhaam glanced at her wristwatch, then the packed luggages by the door in worry. The growl of her stomach adding to her frustration.

Should I open the door? Just to check up at least? She occasionally thought, the thought still creeping to her head.

Brushing it off lioe all the other times, she glanced at the incomplete game on her phone to distract her from her depressing reality.

No matter how stubborn she proved, the time will come when she'd have to open that door like it or not. What scared her the most was not been able to prove a point with her act of wrath.

She had tried calling Ayan several times, but to no response. At first, it would just out ring itself, then it just wasn't going through cause he switched the phone off. She felt so betrayed, if she ever expected it to come, not from her brother.

She glanced at the door with a hesitant gaze, battling with her inner pride. Dejectedly, she got up in defeat then stalled just before she clicked the door open.

No. It's not worth it. He's not worth me forfeiting my anger and pride. Besides, he shouldn't have spoken to me that way, no matter what the situation was.! She huffed out in frustration as she paced the room.

To worsen the case, her stomach growled yet again, the intensity of her hunger only intensifying. She doubted she'll last half an hour more.

What if I rush to the kitchen for a snack before he gets back, he won't know, right? He mind prompted an idea.

But what if he never went out? What if there's no food in the kitchen, after all they were to leave today. Her inner voice counterfeited

Letting out a long hiss, she chose to sit with the hunger for as long as she was able to.

She didn't know when she fell asleep on the bed while keeping on her pride. Hurriedly, she checked her phone for the time, missed calls and what not, she realized it was half past 7pm.

Her eyes almost bulging out of their sockets at it dawned the whole day had passed by, with zero calls from both Fahaad and Ayan.

"Subhanallah!" She exclaimed shooting up from the bed. Frantically, she opened the door to an empty apartment. Fahaad was yet to be back.

Where was she to start looking for him in a country she wasn't familiar with.

Sending a silent prayer for his safety, she made a note to herself to call him the moment she'd finished all her missed salahs.

Still cladded in her hijab, she grabbed her phone from the bed side, dialed fahaad's number, then wait3d for it to ring.

One, two, three and the last ring came, no answer which only incr3ased her worry. She dialled again as she made her way to the living room pacing to and fro.

It wasnt until the third try, that fahaad casually sauntered into the apartement.

"Where have you been? I've been calling you, couldnt you pick your phone?" Elhaam ranted in worry.

"Are you ready?" His low voice came as he raised his tired eyes to her.

"Wh-what do you mean?" She let out in disbelief as she staggered a few steps back.

"I really can't do this with you again Elhaam, I can't " fahaad sighed in a defeated tone leaving her to stand there.

Trailing behind him to see two men been ushered into the room for her bags.