Chapter 29

Third person's POV

The clock chimed, indicating it was seven am sharp, fazing Elhaam's already discomposed self further.

"Where did I drop my Kohl yesterday" She asked no one but herself as she tossed the clothes on the bed to the floor in search of one small detail.

If only I slept earlier and not gist my time away with Fatima, she huffed.

The sound of her ringtone assured her she was way behind time.

Rushing to the bedside to grab her phone expecting to see Marcia as the caller ID, only to see that it was her brother.

Letting out a relieved sigh, she swiped the green button.

"Hey sis"

"Hey Ayan" she replied putting the phone on speaker as she went on in search of her lip balm.

"Why do you sound in a hurry?"

"Cause I am. Marcia and I have a spa schedule today by 8. We agreed she'll be here by 7 and its 7:05. And I'm not ready" she ranted struggling with her shoe strap.

"Marcia? Who's that?" He puzzled.

"You know, the girl I bumped into at the airport, the one been harassed yesterday, I told you about yesterday's incident" i huffed rolling her eyes at the end.

"Yeah...the one you did oversabi and saved. Practicing a heroin role" He mocked with a smile.

"At the rate you're going, you'll be a complete Nigerian in every aspect by the time we're back" she reciprocated the mockery.

Giving herself a lookover in the dressing mirror, she was satisfied with the abaya she was cladded with. Grabbing a small purse on the way out, she made a mental note to fix the disoriented room the moment she was back.

"Focus on yourself and stop poking your nose in my business. I'm sure your new friend forgot about you, so bossy" ayan nagged in a child like manner.

"You really are unbelievable." She exclaimed putting him off speaker, she adjusted the phone to her ear as she made her way to the empty living room. The only thing there was the pillow and sheets fahaad used for the night.

"Yeah well, you love me that way" Ayan replied in a smug tone.

"Sure! I have no idea why you act this way, but I have to go, no time to join you in your childish games" she stated ironically with a chuckle, making her way to the kitchen where Fahaad prepared breakfast in a white shirt and pajamas trousers.

"Right. Says the baby sis I raised. Have fun okay"

"I will"

"Umm...Elhaam?" Ayan called out before she disconnected the call.

"Yeah?"

"There's something I want to tell you?" He said in a serious tone.

Just then, the doorbell rang, interrupting her attention from him. Signalling Fahaad she was going to open it, she left the place with one thing in mind, Marcia was here.

"Sorry Ayan, can it wait. I promise to call you immediately I'm back, okay" before he could reply, she disconnected the call bubbling with slight excitement .

"Hey. I'm sorry I'm late" Marcia greeted as she stepped in with an apologetic smile.

"Its okay." Elhaam replied with a genuine smile, shortly, Fahaad walked out with a paper bag in hand and a plastic sealed cup.

"Hi Marcia" he greeted politely coming to stand next to Elhaam.

"Hi. Sorry to inconvenience you this morning. I thought you'll be asleep" Marcia apologized