Chapter 10

"BODMAS"

"what is BODMAS kuma now?" Aisha whined, already exhausted with the lesson Fahaad has been teaching.

It was a daily routine now. The moment the kids are back from school, Fahaad assist them with their homework. Clearly, the first time that happened, Zulai wanted to throw a tantrum. Or rather, she did.

It was almost time for dinner, yet zulai saw no sight of her kids. That drew the confusion in her mind. It was time to do their assignments which they normally do, but they were no where to be seen.

She once again looked through the rooms, yet not in luck. Deciding to push the puzzled situation for later, she proceeded to the kitchen for dinner preparation.

Later, the four ambled into the dining room laughing at a joke aisha just cracked. And right behind them, Ibrahim appeared with a smile.

"oh there you are. I was looking for you. now we can't do your assignments until dinner is over" zulai said carefully eyeing fahaad's smiling face.

No doubt, the boy was handsome, even more than her kids, but she was yet to admit that, or ever will.

"we did it" almustapha claimed, flashing his sparkling milk teeth.

"with your dad?"

"No. Ya Fahaad helped us with it. it was so nice" khalil ranted.

Feeling her pulse rise, she knew she was getting angry, and she believed it was quite justified.

"so now, you want to prove uncle smart. you know all right? even better than their mother?" she mocked, not been able to sit or control her tongue in Ibrahim's presence.

"you should be grateful. Maybe he will rub off his smartness on your children while he teaches them" Ibrahim muttered, serving himself the traditional meal she cooked.

"you always insult my kids, forgetting they're also your kids right? and what do you mean? that they're dumb?" she shot back

"well, their mother for sure is. but them, they escaped it since i am the father" he nonchalantly replied.

glancing at the curious gazes she got from her kids and the uncomfortable outcasted boy, she bottled her anger and then took her seat, before serving the children.

"i hate doing this to you, but when you put your respect aside, then i don't care how i talk to you irrespective of the audience we find ourselves having" Ibrahim muttered.

After much inner debates, she reasoned. Fahaad was taking a responsibility off her head. And if by chance what Ibrahim said is true and it actually happens, then her kids will be as smart as fahaad, or maybe even more.

That seemed to have change a portion of zulai's attitude towards fahaad. from then on, he was treated kind enough to be given lunch after school hours.

Then again, that wasn't it. A lot changed in a span of a year. Zulai's constant change of behavior was by far the major. Sometimes, she ushers Fahaad to meet her guest as her child. The first time that happened, he received his end after they left.

The sound of the door bell interrupted the kids from their after school work. Rising, Fahaad opened the door to three elegant looking women. With a smile, he greeted them and left to complete his work.

"who was that boy? Very respectful wallahi" one of them asked Zulai over the refreshments she served.

"yeah. He looks like ibrahim a little too. Zulai ina kika samo shi?"(Zulai where did you get him)

She let out a small chuckle enjoying the attention and praises. Though she wished they say the same to her kids, she was sure to hide it.

"He is my son ooo. Not directly but, i take him as my own and he does the same" she replied smugly

"Dan Allah call him. Maybe we will even join him with faridah if they grow up" the first woman to speak added.

They laughed at her fantasy for the future before Zulai made her way to the kids room, calling fahaad.

Upon reaching the living room, Fahaad stood a good distance away from Zulai. Already he was confused as to why she'd call him, not worsen matters for himself"

"babana matso kusa mana. ko tsoron maman ka kakeji?" the woman who seems to be a talkative asked.

"mama?"He muttered not able to contour his confusion.

"yes mama. Is Zulai not your mother again?" she asked

"of course i am. What kind of question is this? You can't just ask kids that" Zulai shot in all defensive, rising doubts in the course.

"You can go Fahaad." she dismissed.

Later that day, she made sure she beat the hell out him, leaving him to yet again cry himself to sleep.

Other days, she treated him like though he was a maid sent from her parents to help her. The twin's birthday is a proof to that.

"Do you really think I'll just let you attend my babies birthday. Ibrahim won't be around and i shouldn't hear whatever happens from him, do you understand that?" she spat the words.

Usman looked from the woman to Fahaad who just gave a curt nod to her words.

"does she always treat you like that?" he voiced the moment she was out of earshot.

"Ignore her. You enjoy yourself. I'll be with you in a while"

From one place to the next, from one errand to the next, he never got the time to meet with usman again or even the twins. Occasionally khalil saw him, he would since all he did was follow fahaad around, and he was confused to see him working so hard.

why does his mother hate the boy so much? he was yet to know.

For some reason, khalil took it upon himself to resolve the case. If fahaad didn't want to do it, then he will help him with that. He then a made it a mission.

&&&

I feel like i am hated more than zulai is. But you have to bear with me. I am so occupied and its hard to update on a laptop, yet here it is.

Sha, what's little khalil plotting in his head? and to whom it may concern, elhaam and my baby, ayan will return in 3 to 4 chapters. i am as eager.