Chapter 14

A/N THIS IS LIKE THE PART 2 OF THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER. IT WAS NECESSARY. SO READ IT THAT WAY PLEASE. AND FORGIVE ME FOR THE LATE UPDATE. I ACTUALLY HAVE A LOT GOING ON, SO...I KNOW, NOT EXCUSE ENOUGH, BUT THAT'S IT.

3:08pm, Maitama, Abuja.

"Zulai, did you switch on NTA today kuwa?" Maman fareeda spoke frantically, hardly able to catch her own breath through the phone.

"Haba, NTA fa kika ce. Ibrahim is not around why will I waste my time on the news" she laughed it off, adjusting the phone to her right ear, while dusting the show glass with her left hand.

"Maybe because your husband is on the news. Just go and on it"

A small crease of a frown formed on her forehead.

She couldn't get why Ibrahim would be on the news when all he had to do was to come back the day or the day after, but what's the harm in checking.

The shattering sound of a vase, followed by the thumph of the phone meeting the floor erupted through the room.

"The death of Ibrahim Suleiman Ibrahim, formerly known to be the famous ISI came as a shock to all. Though, the late arrival of his family members to conclude his final rites has raisen confusion amongst people. Here's a clip of his public organised funeral..."

"Innalillahi wa innailaihi raji'un" she let out a whisper barely above a bass

The constant bang on the front door caught onto her even before drifting into a reverie.

Opening the door, she came face to face with a crazy looking asma'u. Hardly processing her appearance, she was shoved in.

"Tell me my brother is at home. Yaya na na gida ko ba haka bah!?" Asma'u yelled, shoving zulai hard to the wall.

In the state they both were, one at denial, and the other at shock, it would be an uncalled battle.

"Yaya!" She called out proceeding into the house.

"He should be in the office...he must be..." The sobs not choking her words back to her throat.

Zulai stared motionless at the devastated woman, not comprehending entirely what went on or what would go on.

What had she done?

She killed her husband with her own bloody hands.

As much as she tried to convince herself it was destiny's handiwork, and that it was meant to happen, a huge part of her still persisted, if she hadn't sent fahaad and him to katsina, he'd be just fine, here with her family.

The one she hated didn't have a father for ten years of his life, but now her kids will be fatherless for the rest of their lives all because of her jealousy.

What would she tell her kids.

WHAT WOULD SHE TELL HER KIDS.

The reality hitting hard on her, her eyelids soon became heavier to keep open, and soon, she lost it to the darkness.

***

"Allah ji kan shi. How will zulai cope now" the faint sound of her mother's voice met her hearing, before finally opening her eyes.

"Mummy!" A crying aisha ran to her, causing her own lids moist.

"Mummy, daddy na. Daddy..."

"Shh...stop crying. " she choked.

Motioning for almustapha to come closer, he ran to her, ignoring if he seemed weak at the moment or not.

It was then, she noticed her surrounding and the people with her.