Chapter Sixteen

Danny POV:

As soon as we entered Ryder's office, I started to track the number used to text Laney.

"So when we find him, what do we do?" Dean asked. "We question him, of course. What else?" Ryder asked. "Question or torture?" Kade asked. "I wanna torture the son of a bitch." I muttered as I kept my eyes glued to the screen. "She's your old lady. No shit." Marley told me.

My old lady was out there at that very moment shaking like a leaf when I left her in the living room. All I wanted to do was go out there and hold her but I had to get a location on this dude.

I sat at that damn computer for a good fifteen minutes before finding something.

"I found a location. It isn't the exact location but it's within about three hundred feet. We don't have time to dig any further." I said before standing.

"Let's go, boys." Ryder said.

When I walked out Laney stood.

"We got a general location. I'll be back as soon as I can. Stay with the girls, okay?" I said before giving her a kiss and rushing to the door.

"I love you." She said, quickly. Almost frantically, like she was worried something bad would happen.

I walked back to her and kissed her again.

"I love you, baby." I said before leaving the house.

Alaina POV:

I stood at the front door and watched the guys as they rode away on their bikes. 

When I couldn't see them anymore, I closed the door and sat on the couch.

I looked down at my hands to see them shaking.

Soon my voice wavered and I began to quietly sob.

Cheyenne walked in and sat next to me when she saw my tears.

"I know, sweetheart." She said, gently.

"I know what you're goin' through. My dad.. He was abusive to my brother and me. More so to me because I begged him to punish me when he would get angry with Jack. Once, my dad was beatin' me with a belt while chasin' me down the stairs. I fell down the last two or three and Jack jumped in front of me. He was only six. Dad twisted his arm and broke it before throwin' him to the side to get him out of the way." She told me.

I looked at her, horrified.

"My God."

"I was black and blue already when I took Jack to the ER. I knew I had to get him away from there. I got a job after school, saved every penny while also sneakin' a few dollars from my dad here and there. I saved for two years and saved up a couple grand. It wasn't gonna last long but long enough for me to find a job. I ran here. My car broke down at a motel." She stopped and smiled.

"That's where Marley found me. He gave me a job. Hell, he and this MC saved me. My dad found out where I ran to, kidnapped Jack. Damn near killed him before the guys found him."

I suddenly forgot all about my problems. Damn.

"The guys tied him up in the basement, beat him, then called me down."

Her eyes got cold, then.

"What did you do?" I asked her.

"I killed him. Shot him in the head. I still haven't told Jack what I did." She replied.

She then looked at me.

"So yeah, I know what it's like. The reason I told you this story is so you understand that you have someone to talk to about all this when it gets overwhelmin'. " She told me.

"Thank you, Chey." I told her and gave her a small smile.

"Now I have to go pee for the tenth time in the last half hour. I swear, Marley's gettin' fixed when this kid pops out." She said, making me laugh.

Soon, I heard the guys pull back into the driveway.

When they walked in, my face fell. They all looked pissed.

"Nothin'?" I asked, quietly.

They all shook their heads.

"Not a damn thing." Kade muttered.

I let out a defeated breath and looked down at my feet.

"I'm so sorry, Laney." Danny said while he wrapped his arms around me.

I was starting to think we were never going to find him.