Chapter Six

Danny POV:

It was so fuckin' dark. I could faintly hear voices but I couldn't make out which one belonged to who.

"I never thought I'd miss you hitting on me all the time. It's actually weird not hearing it every day." I heard.

It was Alaina.

Her voice brought me out of it a little more and I felt my hand start to move, just barely.

"Danny?" I heard her ask.

"Missed my voice, did you beautiful?" I teased, hoarsely and looked at her.

She started to laugh lightly.

"In your dreams." She replied. "Yes."

I tried to sit up but automatically slammed back down after a sharp pain went through my body.

"What the hell happened to me?" I asked.

"You were shot." I heard Ryder say as he walked into the room.

Then, I remembered.

The deal we had been sent to wasn't a deal at all but an ambush. The gun was shot at Kade but I had managed to push him out of the way at the last second.

"Is Kade okay?" I asked. "He's fine, brother. He's on his way here now." Ryder told me.

"Everyone else?" I asked.

"You're laying in a hospital bed and you're concerned about everyone else?" Alaina asked.

I smirked up at her.

"Of course, beautiful. I always worry about my brothers and sisters." I told her. "You need to be more worried about you right now." Alaina said. "I'm not very good at that." I replied and smiled lightly at her.

Her concern meant so much to me. This woman did things to me that no other ever had. I actually started to feel like an asshole for hitting on her and disrespecting her so much.

"Alaina, I want to apologize." I said. "For what?" She asked. "For bein' such an asshole. You deserve more respect than I've been givin' you."

"You feelin' okay, brother?" Ryder asked. "Yeah, man. Of course." I said and smiled at him.

"I haven't seen that look since.." Ryder stopped and smirked at me.

"Since what?" Alaina asked. "Oh nothin' Laney. I have to get back to my old lady and my son. I'll be back tomorrow to see you brother." Ryder said before leaving.

"Thank you for bein' here, Laney." I said. "Even though you're a player and an asshole, I consider you my friend." Alaina told me. "Oh, really?" I asked, teasingly.

Alaina rolled her eyes but smiled at me.

"I guess."

"I should kick your ass!"

"Oh, boy." I muttered.

"Hello, brother." I said when Kade stormed into the room.

"You almost got yourself killed! Why the hell would you put yourself in danger like that?" Kade asked, fuming.

"Kade, chill out. No stressful conversations and definatly no screaming." Alaina scolded him. "Whatever." He mumbled.

Alaina sighed and looked at me.

"I'm going to grab a bite to eat. You want anything?" She asked me. "I'd say but I promised myself not to be an asshole to you." I said and winked.

"You just were, dumbass." She laughed before leaving the room.

"You like her, huh?" Kade asked me.  

I stared at the door for a few moments thinking over his question before answering him.

"Yeah, I think I do." I replied. "I'd say go after her then brother." Kade told me. "Nah, man. Not yet. I've done nothing but hit on her and make passes at her since I met her. I need to earn her trust first." I said. "Damn, you really do like this girl. She's definatly old lady material." Kade said. "Hey, you're moving really fast, dude." I laughed.

"You're not exactly getting younger." Kade said and laughed. "Fuck outta here." I replied and laughed along with him.