Chapter Eighteen

Danny POV:

Two weeks. It had been two weeks since Laney had gone missing.

Ryder had held a meeting a few days earlier and we all had voted to get the police involved.

I couldn't get a location from Alaina's phone. I couldn't understand why because I had made sure her GPS was turned on for this specific reason.

I was sitting in the kitchen of the clubhouse with a glass of rum in my hand, looking at the last picture of Laney and I that had been taken on my phone. She had grabbed it with one hand and squished my cheeks together with the other and took the picture as she laughed.

God, how I missed her.

"Danny?" I heard and looked to my right.

Cheyenne stood there, rubbing her pregnant stomach as she looked at me.

"Hey, sis. How's the kid?" I asked and lightly placed my hand on her stomach.

She smiled lightly at me.

"Strong, just like his dad." She replied.

I smiled lightly up at her. She had Marley had found out a few days earlier that they were having a little boy.

"You've been drinkin' a lot, brother." Cheyenne told me. "I know. I miss her, you know? It's been two weeks and there's nothin'. I'm actually scared, Chey. I don't know what to do." I said, weakly.

"We'll find her, Danny. This son of a bitch isn't as smart as he thinks he is. He'll slip up." Cheyenne tried to comfort me but she sounded like she was trying to convince herself as well as me.

Just then, my phone rang.

"Hello."

"Is this Danny Riker?" A man on the other end asked.

I slowly stood on my feet.

"What is it?" Cheyenne asked, quietly.

"Who wants to know?" I asked.

"This is Dr. Lang from Saint James Medical Center. A young woman was found a few hours ago. She was half conscious and kept repeating your name." The doctor told me.

"Alaina?" I asked. "Alaina Hart." He confirmed.

"Fuck, is she okay?" I asked, frantically.

Cheyenne knew just then what was going on and rushed to tell the rest of the club.

"She's in and out of consciousness right now. We can tell you more here." The doctor told me.

"I'm on my way." I said and rushed to my bike and sped off.

Alaina POV:

I woke to the sound of faint beeping in the back ground.

What the hell happened to me? Where am I?

Finally, I was able to open my heavy eye lids and look around.

It was so bright that I had to squint my eyes to get used to the light.

"Ms. Hart?" I heard.

There were people around me and I jumped to scoot back in the bed I was in.

"Whoa, easy. You're okay. I'm Dr. Lang. Can you tell me what happened?" The man asked.

"Where the hell am I? Where's my boyfriend?" I asked, searching frantically for Danny and the others.

"You mean Danny?" He asked.

I looked at him, confused. How did he know?

"You slipped in and out of consciousness for hours. Every time you woke up you called out his name." He told me.

I don't remember any of that.

What the hell happened to me and how the fuck did I get here?

"How did I get here?" I asked. "A couple rushed you in here a few hours ago." Dr. Lang said.

"What happened to me?" I asked. "You don't remember?" He asked me.

I only shook my head.

He looked to the nurses.

"Set up and MRI scan, please." He told them. "Yes, doctor." One said and both nurses left the room.

"Where's Danny?" I asked. "He's on his way." He replied.

As I sat and waited for Danny and the club to arrive, I sat and tried to remember what happened and how I ended up here.

I didn't remember anything.