Chapter Nine

Alaina POV:

I found Jack sitting at the kitchen table doing his homework when I walked through the door of the clubhouse.

"Hey, buddy. How goes it?" I asked him. "Okay, I guess." He said quietly.

"You need some help?" I asked.

He looked up at me and smiled softly.

"No thanks. I'm almost done." Jack told me.

"Hey sister." Cheyenne said when she walked into the kitchen. "Hey." I replied.

She walked over to Jack and kissed the top of his head.

"How was school, baby?" She asked. "It was okay. I had a science test today." He replied. "Yeah? How'd you do?" Cheyenne asked. "Aced it."

"Y'all hungry?" I asked. "I'm fuckin' starvin'." Cheyenne replied.

"How's the little one?" I asked her. "Good. I have my first ultrasound in the mornin'." She said. "Yeah? You excited?" I asked. "Yeah, but I'm nervous as hell too. I just hope there won't be any complications." She told me.

"Just take care of yourself and your baby will be just fine." I told her and smiled.

Cheyenne took at deep breath before smiling back at me.

"Thanks, Laney." She replied.

Danny POV:

"I noticed that you and Alaina have been getting close." Sam told me as he helped me wipe the bar down.

"Yeah, she's a cool girl." I told him. "You still hit on her?" He asked, laughing quietly. "Fuck off." I laughed.

"Hey, boys." Dean said and sat across from us.

"Hey man. Usual?" I asked. "Yep." He replied.

I pulled out the bottle of rum and poured him a shot.

"So what do y'all think of Laney?" Dean asked me. "She's a good girl." Sam told him.

"What do you think she'd say if I asked her out?" He asked.

"No." I said a little too quickly causing both men to give me a confused look.

"Why?" He asked.

I didn't have an answer. She wasn't my girl so I couldn't keep him from asking her out.

"You like her, bro?" Dean asked.

Again I didn't answer.

"Ok, man. I'll back off." Dean told me, knowing my answer already.

This was some weird shit. I've never felt this way about a girl before and it was scary.

I needed to talk to the guys and get some fuckin' advice from them.

When I got back to the house, Marley was sitting in the living room.

I sat down next to him and sighed.

"You good, brother?" He asked. "No. I need advice." I told him. "What kind of advice?"

"Woman." I said, shyly. "Wait.. Seriously? Danny Riker needs my help with out to pick up a woman?" He asked.

"God damn, dude. Just help me." I said, agitatedly.

"Ok, dude. Is it about Laney?" Marley asked me. "Yeah." I said.

"Do you like her or something? Like, not just in a sexual way?" He asked.

I hesitated before answering.

"I think so, man. It's scary." I told him. "Yeah, it is."

"How did you tell Cheyenne?" I asked. "I kissed her."

I laughed lightly.

"I doubt that will work with me knowin' my track record." I replied. "Yeah, no shit. Prove it to her, dude. Just spend time gettin' to know her. And no more one night stands." Marley said. "Haven't had one in like a week." I said. "Holy fuck. You really are serious about this girl."

"Dude, now that she's here, I see how slutty all these women are and it's disgustin' to me." I told him. "Well you're a slut too, bro." He said. "Thank you, fuck wad. Like I didn't already know that."

Cheyenne and Jack entered the house just then.

"Hey." Marley said, giving Cheyenne a kiss. "Hey." She said, smiling in return.

"Hey, buddy. How was school?" He asked Jack. "Fine, dad.." He replied quietly, before walking to the kitchen to do his homework.

Every so often Jack would call Cheyenne and Marley mom and dad.

I sighed and shook my head as I watched Jack.

He had absolutely no friends in school and was always in trouble. No matter what any of us did, he wouldn't budge.

Alaina then walked into the house with the twins.

"Hey, girls. How was work?" I asked. "Exhaustin'. I need a vacation." Sarah said. "Well it is your clinic." Marley told her.

Sarah glared and flipped him off.

I saw that Alaina was staring at me causing me to smirk at her.

She blushed and looked away, quickly.

I laughed lightly, finally seeing that she was warming up to me.

______

Super lame! Just wanted to give y'all an update since it had been so long. I'll try to get some more action into the next chapter. Love y'all!