Chapter Fifteen

Danny POV:

The longer Laney sat and stared, the more nervous I got.

"Are you gonna say somethin'?" I asked her.

She jumped light, as if she had forgotten there was anyone else in the room with her.

"Danny..  Are you sure this is what you want?" She asked me. "Yes, baby. I wouldn't be doin' this if it wasn't." I replied.

"I wanna hear you say it." She whispered, timidly.

I took a deep breath and turned directly toward her.

"Alaina, will you be my old lady?" I asked her.

You could hear a pin drop in the room as everyone sat and waited for her response.

"Yes." She said and threw herself into my lap.

"Whoo!" Marley yelled and clapped.

I grabbed her around the waist and kissed her hard on the lips.

"How do you feel about tattoos, Laney?" Marley asked.

She looked at him, nervously.

"Don't have any." She replied. "Well, sweet cheeks, you're about to." Marley smiled wickedly at her.

The man loved his job a little too much.

"When can I get a tattoo Marley?" Jack asked. "Dude, you're nine. Way too soon to be askin' me that." He replied.

Jack just rolled his eyes and pulled on his leather jacket.

When he got it on comfortably he looked at Cheyenne and smiled.

"Gotta get you on a bike next, son." Cheyenne said, half jokingly.

Jack pumped his fists in the air.

"Yes!" He called out.

Alaina POV: 

I was officially an old lady. I couldn't believe it. When I came here, I never expected to become one, let alone Danny's.

Then Marley brought up the fact that I had to get the tattoo. That was something I wasn't looking forward to. I didn't really like needles.

How stupid is that? A nurse that doesn't like needles.

From what they all tell me, it doesn't hurt as bad as people make it seem. That at least brought me a little comfort.

The morning after Christmas, I woke up in my bed with Danny next to me.

He was sleeping soundly as we had been up late playing with the kids the night before.

I heard my phone chime next to me just as I sat up and saw that I had a text.

Unknown: Hope you had a merry Christmas, gorgeous. I have something special for the next time we meet.

My eyes widened and I slapped Danny's leg when I finished reading the text.

He shot up quickly and looked at me.

"What happened?" He asked frantically.

I showed Danny the message and his eyes darkened.

"I'm gonna call Ryder. I know it's scary baby, but this is a good thing. We're closer to gettin' the son of a bitch." He told me and stood to find his clothes.

"Danny, what if we don't?" I asked him. "Just trust us, Laney. We'll get the cops involved if we have to okay?" He said making me nod.

He leaned down and kissed me.

"I love you. Get dressed so we can go." He said before walking into the bathroom.

I sat in silence the whole way to the club house. I didn't know what to think about Ian resurfacing.

Danny had called Ryder on the way and filled him in on what happened.

When we pulled in, Dean's car was the only one there. Ryder must not have made it yet.

When we walked in, he looked confused.

"Hey guys. Didn't expect to see you today." He said.

"Ian contacted Laney again." Danny told him.

Dean shot out of the chair he was sitting in.

"When?" He asked. "This mornin'." I replied. "Let me see." He said and I handed him the phone.

After he read the message he looked at Danny.

"Do you think he could still be in the location that he sent the message from?" He asked. "I hope to hell so." Danny replied.

Ryder walked into the house, and motioned to the office.

"Stay here, baby. I'll fill you in when this meetin' is over." Danny said, giving me a kiss.