Chapter Fourteen

Danny POV:

It's Christmas Eve and I'm rushing to get all the gifts wrapped so I can get them under the tree for tomorrow morning.

It took forever to get the kids to bed so we could get the presents done.

Lana, Sarah, Laney, Ryder and I were crammed in Ryder's office trying to get the gifts wrapped.

I have to wait for Laney to go to bed to get hers out and ready.

I was nervous as hell to give her the cut I had gotten her. I hadn't told anyone about it yet so I didn't know how they would react either.

I know they guys will obviously tease the shit out of me for it.

I heard Laney yawn and  I knew it was my queue to get started.

"Why don't you go to bed, Laney? We got this." I told her. "You sure?" She asked and sat the wrapping paper down. "Yeah baby, go ahead. I'll be up soon." I told her.

She leaned down, giving me a light kiss before leaving the office.

"So how is that goin'?" Sarah asked me. "Good. Everything has been perfect. I still can't shake the fact that Summers is still MIA." I replied. "He's up to somethin'." Ryder said. "I mean yeah, but what? That's what is keepin' me awake." I told them.

There was a knock on the office door and we all scrambled to hide everything.

"It's just me, guys." Kade said and opened the door.

"What's up, baby?" Sarah asked. "Are you comin' to bed any time soon?" He asked, groggily. "Yeah, babe. I just have one or two more then I'll be up." She replied.

Kade muttered something and walked back upstairs.

I walked out of the office to grab the box that contained Alaina's cut from under the couch and walked back into the office, taking my spot back on the floor.

"What's that?" Ryder asked. "It's Laney's." I replied.

"Well, no shit. He means what's inside the box?" Lana asked.

I sighed and took the lid off the box and watched the three of them scoot closer to get a look.

All of their jaws dropped simultaneously.

"No fuckin' way." Ryder said and looked at me in shock.

"Damn, brother! I never thought I'd see the day." Sarah said with a smile on her face.

"That's so great, Danny. I'm happy for you." Lana told me.

"Never expected this Mr. 'I'll never settle down.'" Ryder said with a smirk.

Let the teasing commence, ladies and gentlemen.

"Shut the fuck up." I muttered and put the lid back on the box.

After everything was wrapped with piled the gifts under the tree and headed off to our separate rooms.

"See y'all in the mornin'." I said before closing the bedroom door behind me.

Alaina POV:

The next morning, I woke up to rushed foot steps out in the hall.

The kids must be up.

I kept my eyes closed and face buried in Danny's chest, trying to get back to sleep when the door slammed open.

"Aunt Laney! Uncle Danny, wake up!"

It was Dana.

Danny groaned and looked at her.

"What is it, ankle biter?" He asked, using his nickname for her.