Chapter Twenty-Five

Alaina POV:

What was I going to do? My crazy ex is after me, and possibly the man I love. 

I won't go back with Ian. I'll die before that will ever happen. I couldn't suffer from his hand again.

"Laney?" I heard Danny say.

I flinched and looked at him.

"I won't go back." I growled. "No, you won't. Ever. You are stayin' right here with us." He told me.

I'll die before I go back there. If the man I love gets hurt by my crazy ex because of me... I wouldn't know what to do. I would give up and end my own misery like I have thought so many times before.

Danny has changed me in so many ways. He brought me out of my shell, gave me a family, and most of all, he showed me that love does really exist.

It has been a little over a year since I moved here and close to a year that Danny and I had been together. It doesn't seem long, but if he asked me to marry him today, I would. 

"Babe?" I heard Danny's voice and broke out of my own thoughts.

"Sorry, I spaced out for a bit." I told him. "I noticed. Are you okay?" Danny asked me.

I sighed heavily before answering.

"I honestly don't know. I'm ready for this to end." I replied. "It will. Ryder called a meetin' for tonight. It might take a while. Would you be okay sleepin' here tonight?" He asked. "Better here than there. Where is the safehouse we're goin' to?" I asked. "Well, that's part of the meetin'. We have two or three, so we have to talk about which one would be a little more secluded." Danny explained.

I only nodded and looked down at my lap. 

"Baby, this will all be over soon. We have inside guys with the cops that helped get Cheyenne out of a huge bind, they can help with this too." Danny said. "Okay." I said halfheartedly. 

The cops in Memphis said they could help too...

"Now what do I do? Just wait?" I asked. "Yes." Danny said, matter of factly. "Fuck's sake." I muttered under my breath. "I heard that." Danny said before heading into Ryder's office.

Danny POV:

I followed the guys into Ryder's office and sat on the couch across from his desk.

"Anyone got a plan?" I asked.

Lana was in the office with the rest of us and speaks up.

"I think she would be safter with Ryder and I. It did use to be one of our safehouses and she won't be alone. This dude already knows where she lives, possibly even Danny." She told us.

"You and Sarah were found there." I told her, blankly.

Lana sighed heavily, knowing I had a point.

"Any ideas, old man?" Lana asked Samuel. "Well, we have a safehouse in Gatlinburg. It's about an hour out so it's not too far away but also far enough for her ex to lose her again. At least for a while." Sam told us.

"It might work." Sarah told him. "We can try it. She won't be alone. A couple of the MCs along with Danny could go with her." Ryder said.

Trial and error, I guess.