Chapter Twenty One

Alaina POV:

At the family dinner that night, I had told everyone what I had seen in my flashback at work.

"You're not pushin' yourself right?" Lana asked. "No, but when they come, they hit hard. My head starts to hurt and I start sweatin'. It's kinda like a panic attack. I'm worried about what else I will remember. They get worse every time." I told them.

"Baby, this will be taken care of, okay? The more memories you have, the easier it is to find Ian." Danny said. "I broke up with him so long ago. Years, even. I don't understand why he just won't move on." I replied. "Well, I mean, look at ya, babe." Danny told me and winked.

I laughed lightly, rolling my eyes.

"I'm gonna head to the bathroom." I told them and stood up.

The fake smiles and laughs coming from me were hard to keep up with so I had to leave the table.

I looked at myself in the mirror and took a deep breath.

I took off my vest that was over my AC/DC shirt. I then felt a sting in my back.

I took my shirt off and looked at my back.

Slash marks. I completely forgot. The meds the doctor had given me made me a little fuzzy headed and I forget some things.

My head started to pound again and I gripped the sink as hard as I could.

I squeeze my eyes shut and hear the sound of a whip hitting flesh and screams after each one.

"Fuck." I whispered before leaving the bathroom.

"You okay?" Sarah asked me. "Yeah, all good." I said with that fake smile I've grown accustomed to.

I wanted to keep what had just happened to myself, but Danny had asked me to tell him everything I remembered.

"I had another flash back. Well, I only heard it this time." I said as my hands shook. "What was it?" Ryder asked. "How I got the slash marks on my back. He used a whip. I could hear it so clearly, and the screams... God.." I said and buried my face in my hands.

"Jesus." Dean mumbled.

I felt Danny start to rub my back. "You're doin' good, baby. It sucks, I know, but we have to get him off the streets so you can walk around without checkin' over your shoulder every day." Danny told me.

"I just want this to be over." I said, faintly. "We know you do, sweetheart, and it will be." Samuel told me.

I could only hope he was right.

"How long has this been goin' on?" Kade asked. "A year at most, I think." I replied. 

"We don't exactly count on the cops to come up with shit because he could be long gone by then, which is why we handle it. We have a lot of sources on the street that can help. If he hasn't already left, that is." Dean told me.

"He's a determined son of a bitch. He's still here. He won't go anywhere unless I do. No matter where I go he will find me." I told them and looked at Danny. "I want him dead." I continued.

"Yeah, you got it." He replied, darkly.

"Do you have any idea where he would be? Anywhere?" Marley asked.

I only shook my head.

"He knows I know that I know all the hidin' places are, so he will go somewhere completely different. If I don't remember where he took me soon, he might leave where he's at and find another place in town. I'm scared, man, and he wants it that way. He wants to torment me, which is why he didn't kill me when he took me." I explained.

"You could do surveillance at the office and her house, right?" Cheyenne asked. "There is no guarantee that will work, babe. We tried with your dad and he might as well have been buried in a hole in the ground. It was almost impossible." Marley told her. "We have to do something, Marely. I know what it's like to live in fear every day. I don't want that for Laney. We have to do more than just wait for her memory to come back. No one knows what could happen while we wait." Cheyenne argued.

"So, what do we do?"