Chapter Ten

Alaina POV:

I was in the grocery store, when I felt an uneasy feeling. I kept glancing around to see if anyone was watching me.

I saw nothing but I knew something was wrong.

While I was in line to check out, something, or rather someone caught my eye.

Unknown: Gotcha.

"Oh God." I whispered. I ditched my cart full of food and rushed to my car.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." I whispered as tears rolled down my face.

He found me.

Now I have to tell the MC why I'm really here.

I drove back to the club house, hoping that at least one of the guys were there.

I walked up to the door, while trying to calm myself down.

Just as I was about to knock on the door, Danny walked outside.

He furrowed his brows when he saw me. I must have not done too great a job at controlling my emotions.

"Laney, are you ok?" He asked.

I let out a shaky breath.

"I don't know." I replied.

Danny then, looked concerned and rubbed his hand down my arm.

"Laney, what's goin' on?" He asked. "I've kinda been hindin' something, Danny. I need help." I said as a lone tear ran down my cheek.

"Come inside." He said softly and lead me inside.

"Guys!" Danny called out.

I heard numerous foot steps coming into the living room.

"What's up, brother?" Dean asked.

Danny sighed and looked at me.

"I lied about why I came to town." I said. "The hell are you talkin' about?" Ryder asked.

Tears began to stream down my face.

"Hey." Danny said gently and placed his hands on my shoulders.

"You can tell us." He continued.

"I came to Nashville because I'm hidin'." I told them. "Hidin' from who?" Kade asked, cautiously. "My ex. He was stalkin' me while I was in Memphis. He found me." I said and finally let my emotions show.

Danny lead me to the couch so I could sit down.

"Baby, calm down. Did you see him?" Danny asked. "I was at the grocery store and I saw him. I've been getting messages from him for weeks. When I spotted him, he sent me this." I said gesturing to my phone. 

Danny took the phone from my hand and read each message.

"Laney, why didn't you say anything before now?" Dean asked. "Because he didn't find me until now. I was hoping he wouldn't find me." I said. "You should have said somethin'. You know we can take care of this." Kade replied.

"What's his name?" Danny asked. "Ian Summers." I replied.

"I'm on it." Danny said and kissed my cheek before rushing to Ryder's office.

Danny POV:

"Arrested on drug charges, grand theft and domestic violence. Jesus." I said to myself.

Ryder walked into the office and sat behind his desk.

"Find anything?" He asked. "Found a lot, actually." I told him and showed him the computer screen.

"Mother of God." He said as he read the wrap sheet.

"He has connections in the force in Memphis. Must be how he got off so easily." I told Ryder.

I didn't understand why we weren't told about the situation sooner. I knew something was up with Alaina for a while. If he was charged with domestic violence then why couldn't I find any medical records or 911 calls? She still had a lot of explaining to do.

"She can't be alone. Not until we find Ian." Ryder told me. "I agree." I replied.

Ryder and I walked out of the office to talk more to Laney.

"Here's the deal, guys. Alaina can't stay at her house alone so someone needs to stay with her until we find Ian." Ryder told them.

I looked at Alaina and noticed her hands were shaking.

I sat down next to her and rubbed her back.

"You're gonna be fine. We'll take care of everything." I told her.

She looked at me and nodded slightly.

I sighed and wrapped my arms around her and let her rest her head on my chest.

"Will you stay with me?" She whispered. "Of course I will." I whispered back to her and kissed the top of her head.