Chapter Eleven

Alaina POV:

That night, Danny and I sat and talked all night.

"How long have you been runnin' from this guy?" Danny asked me. "A while." I replied.

"When did it start?" He asked. "A couple of years ago. It started with little verbal stuff. He told me what to wear, what to eat and how much. Then he wouldn't let me go anywhere alone. Constantly monitoring my phone." I told him.

"Then the physical?" Danny asked. "Yeah. It started with pushin' here and there and then he started slappin' me." I told him, taking in a shaky breath.

"Laney, you don't have to say anymore." He told me, taking my hand. "I need to. I-"

I stopped when there was a knock at the door.

"Who the hell would be here this late?" Danny asked.

He pulled his gun from his waist band before looking through the peep hole.

He then shook his head before putting his gun away and opening the door.

"What the hell are you doin' here so late?" Danny asked.

I stood and saw the twins on the other side.

"We came to check in." Lana said and walked inside.

"You couldn't have called?" I asked. "You're not sleepin'." Sarah replied. "Seriously?" I asked.

"How are you, sister?" Lana asked me. "I guess I'm okay. Feel better now that I'm not alone." I told her. "Oh I bet." She replied, winking at me.

I laughed, rolling my eyes.

"Shut your face." I said.

"Don't tell me you don't wanna." She said, quietly. "Not now, Lan." I said, quietly and seriously.

She sighed and nodded, dropping the goofy act.

"We should let her rest, Lan." Sarah said, walking up to her sister.

The two girls hugged Danny and I before walking out the door.

"Do you think you'll go to work tomorrow?" Danny asked me. "I can't hide forever. Besides, I feel safer now that the club knows everything." I said. "Good. I'm gonna get some shut eye. Ryder wants to have a meetin' in the mornin'." He told me before kicking his boots off and laying on the couch.

"Good night, Danny." I said softly before heading into my bedroom.

Danny really wasn't the man I thought he was.

Well he might have been, but that wasn't who he was at this moment.

Danny POV:

As soon as Alaina went to bed I got back onto my laptop to do more research on Ian.

I was hoping to find at least one person that knew who he was and how to find him.

I didn't know if he knew where Laney lived yet or not which was what was mostly keeping me awake. I couldn't let my guard down.

After a couple of hours of digging, I was able to hack into his health records.

Interesting.

I got into not only physical health records, but mental as well.

Turns out Mr. Ian Summers was bipolar. Well that explains a lot.

Says that Ian had extreme violent tendencies, toward women specifically.

Mommy issues?

He was also admitted into a mental health facility when he was around ten years old and stayed until he was fifteen.

Doctors said he had made extreme progress and was no longer a danger to society.

Either the dude relapsed or he was a very good actor.

Eventually my eyes began to get heavy and my head drooped lightly.

As soon as I felt the cool table my head snapped up and shook off as much of the sleepiness as I could.

"Fuck." I whispered before closing the laptop and kicking off my boots to lay down on the couch.

I'll find out more tomorrow.