Chapter Thirteen

Alaina POV:

Days had turned into weeks, quickly.

Suddenly, Christmas was around the corner and I was rushing to buy Christmas gifts for a bunch of bikers.

Danny and I had grown closer as we kept up our research on Ian, which had been oddly quiet.

"How close are we to gettin' Ian?" I asked. "Almost there. We just have to find him. He may know that we are looking for him. He's been quiet for over a month now. No more messages either?" Danny asked. "No, none." I replied. "Shit. We'll be a little more discreet. Back off a little." He told me.

"Danny, you know you can go home, right? You don't have to stay and babysit me. I mean your payin' bills for a house you don't even stay at." I told him. "If I didn't wanna be here, beautiful, I wouldn't be." Danny said.

"Why do you care so much?" I asked, quietly.

He then frowned at me.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"No one has ever done anything like this for me. Why are you?" I asked him.

Danny looked down at his hands as he stood at the counter.

"Because I love you." He whispered.

I thought I misheard him.

"What did you just say?" I asked him.

"I love you, Laney. I have for a while. Why do you think I haven't been tryin' to get laid in weeks and shot down every girl that has made a move on me?" He asked.

"Honestly.... I didn't know." I replied.

Danny Riker, the biggest playboy I had ever met just confessed his love for me?

"You love me?" I asked him, timidly.

"Yeah, I do." He said.

I stared at him for a moment before flinging myself into his arms and kissing him.

He was surprised for a moment but then his lips finally responded to mine.

Danny POV:

It's about damn time. I've been waiting for this for months and it finally happened.

I hadn't planned on confessing my love for her. Not that day at least.

I had planned to wait until Christmas morning with the cut I had boldly ordered for her a couple of weeks earlier and planned to ask her to be my old lady.

Honest to God, I'd never been so afraid in my entire life.

She had kissed me with such force that it almost knocked me off my feet.

When I pulled away, I looked at her with wide eyes.

"Whoa, I sure as hell didn't expect that." I told her.

She looked away, obviously embarrassed.

"I'm sorry. I thought that's what you wanted." She said, quietly.

"I didn't say it wasn't, baby. I just didn't expect it. You have no idea how long I've been wantin' that." I replied.

She looked at me with her big eyes and smiled lightly.

I smiled back at her and brought her back into my arms.

I heard her lightly yawn and chuckled.

"Let's go to bed, huh?" I suggested.

I only nodded gently and looked at me.

"Sleep next to me?" She asked. "Of course." I told her and took her hand letting her lead me to her bedroom.

The room was much bigger than I had expected it to be.

She had a queen sized bed in the corner of the room with a purple comforter set along with a dark wooden headboard with a matching dresser and bedside table. She went into the bathroom that connected to the room to get ready for bed and I changed into a pair of flannel pajama bottoms as I waited for her.

When she walked out she was wearing silk sleep shorts along with a matching tank top with her hair in a messy bun on top of her head.

I had never seen a more beautiful woman in my entire life.

She lied down next to me and snuggled into my side, while I rapped my arms around her.

"Good night, Danny." She whispered. "Good night, baby." I whispered back, noting that she was already fast asleep.

I soon found myself slowly drifting off to sleep next to her.