Chapter Three

Alaina POV:

It had been a couple of weeks since my run in with Danny, the bar tender. I hadn't been out very much, other than to work at the clinic with Sarah and house hunt.

"Mornin' Alaina." Kade said while feeding Diana when I walked into the kitchen. "Hey, Kade." I yawned.

"Hey, beautiful girl." I said and smiled down at Diana.

I had grown close to the little girl since I had been here.

I've only been here for about three weeks but I could have sworn she had grown since I first showed up.

"Ready for work?" Sarah asked when she walked in behind me. "Coffee first, please." I said before pouring a cup of coffee.

"How ya likin' the clinic, Alaina?" Kade asked me. "It's great. A lot easier to handle than the hospital I worked at." I replied.

"You know, you never explained why you had decided to stay here." Sarah told me.

I only shrugged, not ready to tell them anything.

"I missed home." I said.

"So, Danny asked about you... Again." Kade said and rolled his eyes.

Danny. Even when I'm away from him, I can't get away from him.

"Dude, why can't he get into some other hoe's pants?" I asked. "Honey, he has. Trust me. I don't know what it is but he is persistent on seein' you." Sarah replied. "Seein' or seein''?" I asked. "What do you think?" Kade retorted.

I simply rolled my eyes and finished off what little coffee I had left.

"Let's go." I told Sarah.

A few hours into the day, Sarah and I had the waiting room almost full.

"Hey gorgeous." I heard from behind me.

Great. Here we go.

"Danny. Are you hurt?" I asked. "No." He replied. "Sick?" I asked. " No." He repeated. "Then get the hell out of here." I hissed and turned back around.

"I'm here to see the doc, thank you very much." He smugly said and walked by me.

I swear, I felt like I had steam coming out of my ears.

"Danny, think about your dick later, okay! She's workin'." I heard Sarah harshly say. "Oh come on." He replied.

"Give me one good reason I should help you." Sarah demanded. "Because I'm your brother and you love me?"

Sigh...

"Not when it comes to ditchin' chicks. Now if you don't need medical help, kindly get the fuck out of my office." Sarah huffed.

When Danny walked out, his shoulders sagged lightly.

I laughed under my breath, thinking he wouldn't hear me.

"Somethin' funny, gorgeous?" He asked. "Get out." I said and walked back to take care of another patient.

Danny POV:

I didn't know what it was about Alaina that I wanted so much.

I mean, I've been turned down before and it hasn't been a big deal for me. So why was I trying so hard with this one? What was it about her?

I mean, she has the body of a goddess with her fiery red hair, but she's so stubborn. She turns me down every time.

Alaina is also constantly in my head, even when I'm with other women. Most of the time, I'm imagining her instead of the woman in bed with me.

Man, I have to get a grip on this shit because sex is becoming less and less enjoying for me.