Chapter Eight

Alaina POV:

I sat at the table next to Danny as we ate.

"Hey, what's up with Chey? Marley said she's been actin' off all day." He told me.

I knew I couldn't tell him so I simply shrugged.

"She seemed okay at the diner earlier." I replied. "You sure nothin' was different?" Danny asked me. "I'm sure, Danny." I told him.

"Guys, I have some news." Cheyenne said.

I looked away from Danny to her and saw that her nervousness from earlier was amplified.

"What's up, baby?" Marley asked. "I don't really know how to say it." She told us.

Marley began to looked worried.

"What's wrong, Cheyenne?" He asked her. "I'm pregnant." She finally said.

Everyone was silent. I along with my sisters waited for the guys to say something.

"How?" Marley asked, finally coming out of his daze.

"Well, when a man and a woman love each.." Danny said before I slapped his arm.

"I know, dumbass!" Marley hissed.

"I don't really know how it happened. I guess we just got lucky." Cheyenne said quietly.

Marley held Cheyenne's face gently.

"You're really pregnant?" He asked, quietly. "I'm really pregnant." She told him.

I looked over at Jack and he didn't seem the least bit fazed by the whole thing.

"That's so awesome!" Dana was the first to react.

"Congratulations, brother." Dean said and hugged Marley followed by the rest of the group.

"Jack?" Cheyenne looked over to see his reaction.

Jack only looked at her and tried his best to smile.

"I'm happy for you, Chey." He said quietly.

I had noticed lately that Jack had gone back and forth from angry to depressed a lot. We rarely see him smile and he won't talk about what's going on with him. 

While the guys celebrated, got drunk, the usual, the girls and I sat by the pool.

"How are you feeling about all this Chey?" Sarah asked. "Nervous. I'm glad Marley's happy but I haven't cared for a new born in a long time." Cheyenne replied.

"There is one difference now though." I told her. "Yeah, what would that be?" She asked. "You're not alone." I replied.

I'd always wanted kids of my own. Like Cheyenne though, the chances were very low due to a birth defect.

Danny POV:

I sat and talked to the guys as I watched them drink themselves stupid.

I'd actually been trying to get my shit straight lately. All the partying shit was starting to get old.

"Hey, man." Dean said as he walked over with two girls on his arms.

"Where did they come from?" I asked. "I called 'em. They're dancers from the club, member?" Dead asked. "Oh yeah. Good to see you girls again." I told them.

The brunette sat next to me and traced her hand up my arm.

"How about we go upstairs and have some fun?" She asked.

I instantly looked toward Alaina's direction and saw her with the old ladies.

When she turned and saw the girl sitting next to me, she actually looked a little hurt.

"Actually.." I started, still watching Laney.

"I can't. I'm sorry." I said and walked toward Alaina.

"Hey." I said when I reached her. "Hi. Your girl over there didn't look too happy." She told me with a small smile.

"She ain't my girl. She just wanted between the sheets." I told her with a goofy grin.

Alaina began to laugh.

"Okay then. Why didn't you take her up on her offer? You don't usually hesitate." She said. "I have my eye on someone else. I'm just simply waitin'." I told her as I gazed down at her.

She was beautiful. I love the way she simply dressed with a tank top jeans and boots.

I noticed as well that she rarely wore make up, which I loved about her. She didn't feel the need to hide anything.

"And who are you waitin' for?" She asked me. "Well, maybe we'll find out one day if she says yes."